NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Welcome to TEDS!
We know that there are a lot of things you still need to get done before you start your first day of classes, and we can help with that!
Even though we won’t be able to gather together in person as a large group for the New Student Orientation due to COVID-19, we are providing an online course to give you all the resources you need to be successful in graduate school. The course will be accessible through Moodle, and we’ll send you a link when it opens on Thursday, August 20. The information and resources provided in this course are especially important for your success here at Trinity, so all incoming students are required to complete the course.
In the meantime, here are some steps you can take BEFORE you arrive on campus:
- Activate your student account (check your inbox for an email from IT).
- Register for classes through myTIU.
- Pay your bill (see info below).
- Complete the graduate student residence hall housing application or graduate student apartment application. All of the housing applications can also be found on myTIU by searching for Housing Services.
- Request your student ID.
- Register your vehicle.
- Create your Student Immunization Verification through Med+Proctor using your Trinity email.
- Two (2) doses of MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella). Wait 28 days before receiving the 2nd dose.
- Three (3) doses of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis (TDap). Six months required between the 2nd and 3rd dose. The most recent dose must be within 10 years.
- A TB (tuberculosis) skin or blood test is required within the one year prior to entry to Trinity.
- TDaP booster within 10 years.
- If younger than 22 prior to entry to Trinity, one (1) dose of meningococcal after your 16th birthday.
HOW TO PAY YOUR BILL
Please be sure to have your fall payment arrangements finalized before the first day of classes.
- When you have received your Trinity email credentials and registered for classes, log in to my.tiu.edu, and navigate to Student Finances to view the following options:
- Course & Fee Statement – to view your current semester charges and financial aid information
- My Account Balances – to view current account balance due and account activity
- Pay Bill Online – for instructions on paying your bills
- Decide whether or not to pay your semester balance in full, or if you would rather participate in a monthly payment plan. Tuition, fees, and awards are applied each semester, not for the academic year, to make your budgeting easier.
- Submit your payment in check, cash or credit card to Student Accounting by the first day of classes. If payment arrangements are not completed by the end of the second week of the semester, you will be charged a non-refundable $200 fine.
Need more information? Email Student Accounting at [email protected] or Financial Aid regarding scholarships or grants at [email protected].
Please call Student Life at 847-317-7073 or email at [email protected]
DMin Students: The DMin office will email you instructions on how to register for new student orientation, which is conducted entirely online. If you have questions, please email [email protected].