Teaching and Learning
Residential | Remote
Residential | Remote
The Certificate in Teaching and Learning is offered through the Educational Ministries and Studies Department at TEDS and offers a variety of options and areas of focus for your studies. Whether you are a busy ministry leader wanting to strengthen your skills, a graduate student seeking to enhance your degree program, or someone interested in postgraduate or postdoctoral studies, your practice of ministry and base of knowledge will grow as a result of what you learn. This program is taught by a variety of faculty across several disciplines. Our faculty are committed Christians, who challenge you to apply your faith to the complexities of life, while also guiding you toward academic success.
The Certificate program is flexible and convenient. You can choose to take courses on our Deerfield campus, through TEDS online courses, or at an approved extension site. See our flexible study options >>
Trinity has been entrusted with the Gospel since 1897, and every day we are called to live with purpose. Our purpose as a divinity school is to know the Gospel, live the Gospel and make the Gospel known. In today’s ever-changing culture, Trinity immerses students in a community of biblical orthodoxy and practical living. The Trinity faculty is among the most widely published in evangelical academia and has deeply influenced the leaders shaping the present and future of evangelical Christianity across the globe.
Speak with a Counselor
Choosing the right school is an important step on your educational journey. Our team is here to help! We want to make the process of learning about Trinity’s programs, degrees and admissions process as hassle-free as possible.
In addition to the requirements for general admission, you’ll need the following:
- Intensive or extensive life experience with teaching and learning practice in a church, parachurch, Christian organization, higher education, or in the public education arena (generally five-plus years of full-time experience)
- Non-formal or informal preparation for teaching and learning at the graduate level
- Demonstrated academic ability through evaluation and interview by the Educational Ministries Department; one need not hold a bachelor’s degree for admission
- Admission to the Higher Education Track is limited to those persons who hold a graduate degree and are teaching or anticipating teaching in a higher education context
- Teaching and Learning
Two Available Options
- Educational Ministry – Masters
- Higher ED – Doctoral
Combining unrivaled academic rigor with a wholehearted commitment to gospel fidelity and an abundance of flexible options, TEDS offers a theological education that equips you to serve Christ with wisdom and grace, in truth and love.