Residential | Remote
Residential | Remote
The Scripture Certificate program offers an enriching opportunity to delve into the depths of the Bible, fostering an excellent comprehension of both the Old and New Testaments. Students gain a comprehensive understanding of the scriptures by exploring their historical contexts and learning about their authors. The program focuses on developing a Christ-centered approach to reading, interpreting, and applying scripture, emphasizing theological perspectives and the art of biblical interpretation. The program’s courses encourage students to expand their knowledge and cultivate a faithful application of scripture, enabling them to draw from its wisdom and teachings, both in their personal lives and ministries.
Location: Courses may be completed on the Bannockburn campus, through TEDS online courses, and at approved extension sites. While the entire certificate may be completed through TEDS online courses, not all courses are available in all modes or every semester.
Trinity has been entrusted with the Gospel since 1897, and every day we are called to live with purpose. Our purpose as a divinity school is to know the Gospel, live the Gospel and make the Gospel known. In today’s ever-changing culture, Trinity immerses students in a community of biblical orthodoxy and practical living. The Trinity faculty is among the most widely published in evangelical academia and has deeply influenced the leaders shaping the present and future of evangelical Christianity across the globe.
Speak with a Counselor
Choosing the right school is an important step on your educational journey. Our team is here to help! We want to make the process of learning about Trinity’s programs, degrees and admissions process as hassle-free as possible.
Additionally to the general admission requirements, Applicants to the Certificate in Scripture generally possess the following:
- Demonstrated academic ability through evaluation and/or interview by Admissions office (personal interview encompassing demonstrable skills, character, knowledge, and critical thinking)
- If an applicant does not have an earned bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with the minimum GPA, intensive or extensive life experience with ministry in the church, parachurch, other Christian organization (generally five-plus years of full-time experience)
- ID 5000 Biblical Theology and Interpretation
- OT 5000 Intro to the Old Testament
- NT 5000 Intro to the New Testament
- OT or NT elective
Combining unrivaled academic rigor with a wholehearted commitment to gospel fidelity and an abundance of flexible options, TEDS offers a theological education that equips you to serve Christ with wisdom and grace, in truth and love.