The Ministry Care Certificate program is designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively counsel, teach, support, and guide fellow believers in their journey of transformation through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This comprehensive certificate program provides an opportunity to delve into various aspects of ministry, including counseling techniques, ministry practices, church leadership development, understanding the sociocultural dynamics impacting ministry, and creating biblically-grounded curriculums. By engaging with these topics, you can gain the tools and insights needed to faithfully serve your congregation, fostering spiritual growth and nurturing a community of believers rooted in the transformative power of the Gospel.
Location: Courses may be completed in-person on our Bannockburn campus with the option of completing half of the coursework completely online.
Trinity has been entrusted with the Gospel since 1897, and every day we are called to live with purpose. Our purpose as a divinity school is to know the Gospel, live the Gospel and make the Gospel known. In today’s ever-changing culture, Trinity immerses students in a community of biblical orthodoxy and practical living. The Trinity faculty is among the most widely published in evangelical academia and has deeply influenced the leaders shaping the present and future of evangelical Christianity across the globe.
Speak with a Counselor
Choosing the right school is an important step on your educational journey. Our team is here to help! We want to make the process of learning about Trinity’s programs, degrees and admissions process as hassle-free as possible.
Additionally to the general admission requirements, Applicants to the Certificate in Ministry Care generally possess the following:
- Demonstrated academic ability through evaluation and/or interview by Admissions office (personal interview encompassing demonstrable skills, character, knowledge, and critical thinking)
- If an applicant does not have an earned bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with the minimum GPA, intensive or extensive life experience with ministry in the church, parachurch, other Christian organization (generally five-plus years of full-time experience)
- CM 5000 Intro to Counseling Ministries
- EM 5100 Educational Ministries and Leadership
- ID 6500 Understanding the Social and Cultural Contexts of Ministry
- PT 5100 Spiritual Formation for Ministry
- PT 7250 Christian Worship and Pastoral Practices
Combining unrivaled academic rigor with a wholehearted commitment to gospel fidelity and an abundance of flexible options, TEDS offers a theological education that equips you to serve Christ with wisdom and grace, in truth and love.