Residential | Remote
Residential | Remote
The Christian Tradition Certificate program enables you to explore the rich traditions, theology, and history of the Christian faith from its early beginnings, through the Reformation, and to the present day. Through examining church history and foundational theology, you can gain a biblical understanding of God’s work in the world and how culture has shaped different church traditions. In this program, you can study the influential figures and pivotal events that have shaped Christianity. You also develop a solid theological foundation to confidently engage with the complexities of the Christian tradition. This transformative journey will walk you through the captivating tapestry of Christian tradition, uncovering timeless truths and enduring wisdom.
Location: Courses may be completed on the Bannockburn campus, through TEDS online courses, and at approved extension sites. While the entire certificate may be completed through TEDS online courses and synchronous courses, not all courses are available in all modes or every semester.
Trinity has been entrusted with the Gospel since 1897, and every day we are called to live with purpose. Our purpose as a divinity school is to know the Gospel, live the Gospel and make the Gospel known. In today’s ever-changing culture, Trinity immerses students in a community of biblical orthodoxy and practical living. The Trinity faculty is among the most widely published in evangelical academia and has deeply influenced the leaders shaping the present and future of evangelical Christianity across the globe.
Speak with a Counselor
Choosing the right school is an important step on your educational journey. Our team is here to help! We want to make the process of learning about Trinity’s programs, degrees and admissions process as hassle-free as possible.
Additionally to the general admission requirements, Applicants to the Certificate in Christian Tradition generally possess the following:
- Demonstrated academic ability through evaluation and/or interview by Admissions office (personal interview encompassing demonstrable skills, character, knowledge, and critical thinking)
- If an applicant does not have an earned bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with the minimum GPA, intensive or extensive life experience with ministry in the church, parachurch or other Christian organizations (generally five-plus years of full-time experience)
- CH 5051 History of Christianity I
- CH 5052 History of Christianity II
- ST 5201 Theology I: The God of the Gospel
- ST 5202 Theology II: The Gospel of God
Combining unrivaled academic rigor with a wholehearted commitment to gospel fidelity and an abundance of flexible options, TEDS offers a theological education that equips you to serve Christ with wisdom and grace, in truth and love.