Mosaic Cohort Scholarship
We invest in students who desire sound biblical and theological teaching to grow in their ability to see the needs and challenges in the world.
About the Scholarship
Fifteen first-year students from various ethnic backgrounds will receive a 50% tuition scholarship to TEDS, renewable each year up to the completion of one degree program. Scholarship recipients experience spiritual formation and leadership development through the Mosaic cohort experience and the Mosaic Gathering. We provide opportunities for like-minded mentor-to-peer and peer-to-peer relationships. In addition, we offer leadership development in the following ways:
During the first semester of the cohort experience, members participate in a spiritual formation group focused on the intersection of reconciliation and community formation. Students practice the art of sharing journey stories with their groups.
During the second semester, students continue in the same spiritual formation group and continue to focus on reconciliation and spiritual formation. Students learn about and participate in spiritual practices that help sustain believers for lifelong faithfulness to God.
During the second year of the cohort experience, in addition to focusing on reconciliation and leadership formation, Mosaic cohort students are given opportunities to serve in various leadership capacities on and off campus. They gather twice a semester for fellowship with one another and for support in leadership ministry.
Years 3 & 4
During the third and fourth year, Mosaic cohort students have the opportunity to help shape the incoming retreat experience for new cohort members. In addition, they continue to serve missionally in the ministries of reconciliation, as well as meet twice a semester for fellowship and support.
- Graduated from an accredited college/university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (exceptional cases will be considered)
- Applied for admission and been accepted at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (Applicants may apply for the Mosaic Scholarship before being accepted to TEDS)
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a multiracial community or in one’s own Christian community
- Willingness and ability to commit to Mosaic Ministries on campus until graduation per expectations below
- A deep desire to learn how to identify and analyze how our ethnic and racial identities interact with our communities; to appreciate how one’s ethnic and racial identities intersect with one’s spiritual identity as a follower of Christ; to grow by taking risks in crossing racial and cultural boundaries in forming friendships and partnerships with others to facilitate the Gospel-based process of reconciliation and Christian unity.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in his / her coursework
- Participate in the Student Leadership Retreat in August (3 days/2 nights) for the first year receiving the scholarship
- Serve the Mosaic Gathering by investing in the community and fully participating in the gathering.