Trinity Community Fellowship is currently seeking an individual to fill the role of Associate Pastor. He will assist us in growing a healthy, vibrant church that deeply loves God and one another. Serving under the Senior Pastor, the Associate Pastor will provide supportive leadership in the areas of teaching/preaching, pastoral care, leadership development, and overall spiritual health and growth of the congregation. This position also has the potential to roll into a full time senior pastoral position.
Knowing the ‘Church’
The Associate Pastor will embrace an intensive interest in knowing the church, taking the initiative to understand the personal and family narratives of its active members, friends, and supporting community.
This will be done by:
- Utilizing Sunday mornings and Trinity hosted events to fellowship with old and new attendees.
- Building relationships with individuals/families through phone calls, texts, or in person visits.
- Making an effort to know the wider community by attending/being involved in local events as time permits
Teaching and Preaching
The Associate Pastor will exercise his gifts and talents to fulfill various teaching and preaching roles within the church including but not limited to working with the Senior Pastor to develop a preaching plan/schedule.
The Associate Pastor will work with the Senior Pastor, Church Board and Church Support Staff to provide the unique emotional, social, and spiritual support needed by this church.
- Visit members in the hospital, care facilities, and homes.
- Support the Senior Pastor in providing confidential pastoral counseling as needed.
- Pray with and provide encouragement to individuals/families via phone calls, cards, or in person visits as needed.
- Perform funerals and weddings as needed.
Leadership Development/Ministry Growth
The Associate Pastor will work with the Senior Pastor, Church Board, and Church Support Staff, to discern where his gifts and talents would best be utilized to help improve the skills, abilities, and confidence of Trinity’s leaders, and effectiveness of the church’s various ministries.
- The Associate Pastor will work with the Senior Pastor, Church Board, and Church Support Staff to accomplish the church’s mission.
- Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor to discuss immediate needs of, and the greater ministry/vision of the church.
- Attend and participate in Church Business Meetings, Church Board Meetings, and Church Staff Meetings.
- Embody Biblical qualities of leadership found in 1 Timothy 3, Titus , and James 3:17-18 (self-controlled, disciplined, respectable, gentle, sincere; growing in wisdom and peacemaking skills)
- In agreement with Trinity’s Doctrinal Statement.
- Desires to have a healthy balance between God, self, family, and ministry.
- Understands and believes in open, honest and effective communication.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Theological degree or equivalency from a recognized theological/pastoral training institution preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a youth, associate, or lead pastor preferred but not required.
The Associate Pastor position is classified as a full time position. Salary and benefits to be discussed during further inquiry.
How to Apply:
- Submit the following application documents in MS Word or PDF file format.
- Letter of interest – Include earliest available to start date if selected.
- Current resume – Include reliable contact information.
- Three references – Include at least one professional and one pastoral reference (required). References contacted only if a candidate is under continuing consideration at conclusion of application review and initial interview.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Send email to:
Trinity Community Fellowship
c/o Pastor Dave Ashby