WHY STUDY GRAPHIC DESIGN AT TIU?
Learning theories and concepts is an important part of your degree, but only through practical application can you develop your own visual style. As a graphic design major, you will have the opportunity to pursue professional internships in your area of interest that will mold your creative voice. You will also develop a design portfolio through your coursework at Trinity that will help impress future employers.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO EARN MY DEGREE?
Most graphic design students finish their degree in 3-4 years. Course requirements total a minimum of 48 hours. This includes 27 hours of studio courses, 6 hours of software courses, 6 hours of contextual courses, a minimum of 4 hours of professional experience, and 5-6 hours of supporting courses.
DID YOU KNOW?
Trinity is equipped with a state-of-the-art design studio that contains 20 Mac workstations complete with programs such as InDesign, After Effects and Photoshop. The program also provides access to production equipment for use in screen printing and vinyl cutting.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
- Digital and physical tools of graphic design and how to apply them
- How to identify basic components of design and implement them in successful visual solutions
- How to understand and explain why examples of design are effective using relevant vocabulary
- Executing accomplished designs that meet the technical demands of specific print-based media and/or digital media
- The historical significance of major stylistic movements, trends, and designers in graphic design history and their influence on society
- How to execute accomplished designs that fulfill the stated needs of a client, competently implementing client feedback and art direction
- To learn and implement successful executive functions related to project and time management
Requirements total a minimum of 48 hours, including 27 hours of studio courses, 6 hours of software courses, 6 hours of contextual courses, a minimum of 4 hours of professional experience, and 5-6 hours of supporting courses. Interesting courses you can take include:
- Interaction Design
- Design & Society
- Design History
GET CONNECTED AND JOIN US!
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to keep up with TIU programs, news and events.