On Wednesday, May 27, 2020, the COVID-19 task force met to begin preparations for the return of students, faculty, and staff to our Deerfield campus. During this time, the task force identified the core processes that will be required to ensure that our core function mitigates the risk of infection. To address this in a comprehensive way, the task force will carefully examine the teaching and learning environment, residential and campus life, athletics, facilities, and policy, as well as the budget for the responses. Communication to all stakeholders is an important part of the process and, over the next few weeks, the task force will provide information and guidance to the Trinity community regarding preparations for the fall semester.
- Protection and Prevention: This includes enhanced cleaning protocols, use of face masks and personal hygiene, proactive health monitoring, protecting the vulnerable, and ongoing communication.
- Social Distancing: This includes distancing students in the classrooms, residence halls, dining halls, and common spaces. Trinity will also provide alternate modes of education for remote learners.
- Response to active cases: The team will identify protocols for response to active cases such as safe housing, contact tracing, and continuity of education for those who must isolate due to potential exposure.
- Response to an outbreak and/or government mandate: The team will plan for the possibility of temporarily closing the campus in response to an outbreak or government mandate.
- Policy and Guidelines: Trinity will establish an appropriate policy to address criteria for working remotely (vs. on campus), health and hygiene practices, health reporting, social distancing, travel restrictions, and restrictions for meetings and events.
Task Force Members:
Dr. H. Wayne Johnson (Chair), Provost
Dr. Graham Cole, Dean of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Dr. Karen Wrobbel, Dean of Trinity College and Trinity Graduate School
Amanda Onapito, Dean of Students
Heather Logue, Associate Dean of Students and Athletic Director
Julie Wong, Associate Vice President for Facility and Event Services
Steve Geggie, Chief Information Officer