Next Start Date
what Can i do with a Christian Ministries degree?
Students pursuing a degree in Christian Ministries find themselves prepared and equipped for service in missions, churches, and parachurch organizations, whether on a part-time, full-time or volunteer basis. Our students will walk confidently in their calling, with the skills necessary for their future ministry. We offer a well-rounded approach through the following five program goals: personal maturity, people skills, penetration of culture, programming, and philosophy.
Courses & Emphasis
- CM 201 Survey of Christian Education
- CM 260 Introduction to Intercultural Ministry
Integrated Field Experience
- CM 224 Integrated Field Experience – Spiritual Formation
- CM 225 Integrated Field Experience – Small Group ministry
- CM 324 Integrated Field Experience – Discipleship
- CM 325 Integrated Field Experience – Ministry Methods
Specific Ministry Strategies
Select 3 of the following:
- CM 175 Foundations of Youth Ministry
- CM 215 Foundations of Children’s Ministry
- CM 315 Principles of Family Ministry
- CM 400 Principle of Adult Ministry
- CM 320 Principle of ministry Programming
- CM 342 Relational Skills for Ministry
- CM 480 Christian Ministries Integrative Seminar
- CM 420 Ministry Leadership
- CM 475 Senior Seminar
Biblical Studies Required Coursework
- BI 275 Teaching Bible or BI 290 Interpreting and Teaching the Bible
- BRS 331 Christian Doctrine
- BRS 338 Theological and Sociological Foundations of Evangelism
- BRS 340X History of Christianity
Total Credits: 50-51 Hours
Transfer to TIU
Need a change schools? No worries, one of our counselors will work with you to transfer in the maximum amount of credits possible and an estimated timeline to graduate.
- All applicants must have a high school diploma or successful completion of the GED.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (using a 4.0 scale) for all prior college work or high school work if no prior college credits.
- Applicants for the Christian ministries major must provide one letter of recommendation from their pastor; the letter should address the applicant’s professional abilities, character, and capacity for studies and ministry.
Want To learn more?
Get in touch today and one of our counselors will contact you soon to help you start your journey at Trinity!
Faculty with real world EXPERIENCE
Wendy L. Martin, PhD
Jeffrey Price, MBA
Martha L. Shin, MBA
Our online degree programs are structured to provide you with a true Trinity community experience, even from the comfort of your home. Plus the convenience and flexibility of online classes and coursework can be made to work for your unique situation and needs. Let us work with you so that you can benefit from the best that Trinity has to offer.