ACCESS for Autism Spectrum Disorder
Christian college should be in reach for everyone. At Trinity, we want to provide opportunities for students who learn in different ways, and to prepare every student for a rich future of life, work, and faith. Our Access program provides mentors and support staff for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder, so they can graduate with a Bachelor’s degree and be ready for whatever comes next.
- One-on-one mentoring to develop skills for academic success, social thriving, and daily living
- Regularly scheduled academic study halls designed to provide a positive work environment
- Weekly support group to develop interpersonal skills for classroom and campus life
- Social events designed around the affinities of Access students, allowing opportunities for new friendships
- Peer mentor to assist in navigating social events and situations
- Meetings with a group of fellow Access students focused on spiritual formation and development
- Regular campus-wide chapels designed to give all students a deeper walk with Christ
- Access costs $2,000 per semester (in addition to tuition and fees).
- Access participation expected for 2-3 semesters; more added as necessary for each individual.
- Students are admitted to Access on a rolling basis.
- Only a limited number of students can join Access, so that each student can receive optimal personal attention by mentors and staff.
- Access students have the option to live in on-campus dorms, whether in shared or single-occupancy rooms, where they will have the support of our trained residence assistants.
- To be eligible for the Access program, students must fall on the Autism spectrum, as diagnosed by an appropriate medical provider.
- Need assistance? Please contact Dr. Ruby Owiny at [email protected], or call 847-317-7166
Before applying to Access, students must first apply to Trinity. So if you are interested, begin your application to Trinity today! After being accepted to Trinity, you may submit your application to Access.
APPLY TO TRINITY
APPLY TO ACCESS