FAMILY LIFE ON CAMPUS
TEDS and the Graduate Program don’t just draw students to campus, often families come with them on their academic journey.
We believe that campus life can positively affect the lives of children and spouses as well as students. The friendships and community built here while living on campus provide strong foundations for a lifetime of ministry connections and partnerships.
We support student families by encouraging them to feel at home on Trinity’s campus and by getting involved in the local church, enjoying fellowship with other student families, participating in campus groups and events and exploring all that Chicagoland has to offer. Some of the opportunities you can take advantage of include:
- The Clothes Horse has free “shopping” for food, household items, and gently used clothes
- Community barbecues, potlucks and campus apartment get-togethers
- Tuesday morning Panera Bread giveaway
- Chapel is open to all family members
- An on campus Community Garden
- Chicagoland is extremely family-friendly and includes miles of bike trails, amusement parks, children’s museums, and cultural experiences
- International student families can take advantage of the International Furniture Room which provides various household items and furniture
- Friday morning “Mom’s Ministry” playgroup
- Mom’s Ministry Saturday brunches
- School-age children will benefit from some of the best schools in Illinois
- Local park districts offer a variety of programs and classes