5 Year - BA/MDIV
Students coming out of this program can expect to be well-equipped for a life in ministry. Whether it’s preaching from the pulpit, ministering through evangelistic outreach, or leading through in-depth biblical teaching, you’ll have all the tools and training necessary to pursue God’s calling in your life. If you are confident that vocational ministry is in your future, then this program will serve you well.
By completing your BA and MDiv in 5 years with the Advance: BA/MDiv Program, you will end up saving a lot of time and money. We want to help you succeed on your pathway to ministry, and we recognize that the cost of your education is an important factor in the equation. For this reason, every student accepted to Advance is automatically afforded $18,000+ in scholarships during their 3 undergraduate years and a $7,000 scholarship during their 4th and 5th years while at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (TEDS).
MDiv students get the amazing Logos software at a significantly reduced price. Focus on your calling while engaging with some of the greatest authors and bible study tools at your fingertips. It is an instrumental tool while studying here TEDS and a tremendous resource after graduation.
TEDS provides rent-free housing for the first year for select Master of Divinity students. Our hope is that as the costs of housing and education are on the rise nationally, we can make your journey to the Master of Divinity program at TEDS simple and affordable. We want to invest in you, as you invest in God’s kingdom work.
You will take 171 hours of coursework at TIU and TEDS. These courses are designed to meet the following goals:
- Personal Maturity. The Advance: BA/MDiv graduate should be able to demonstrate a healthy sense of self in Christ, commitment to a lifestyle of ministry and progress toward godly character.
- Cultural Engagement. The Advance: BA/MDiv graduate should be able to study the Bible in its historical and cultural context and apply it to present-day ethical issues.
- Biblical Philosophy. The Advance: BA/MDiv graduate should be able to grasp the message of the Bible, interpret the Scriptures accurately, develop a Christian worldview, integrate faith, living, and learning.
Trinity College requirements for a BA in Bible and Ministry with a pre-seminary emphasis:
- 36 hours for General Education not fulfilled in the major (44 hours if foreign language is needed).
- 54 hours for college requirements for the Advance/Bible and Ministry: Pre-Seminary degree.
- 30 hours from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School MDiv program (applied to BA degree).
- 25 hours may be applied to the Master of Divinity via the advanced placement (AP) program from college studies.
- 62 hours for AP Master of Divinity degree.
Combining unrivaled academic rigor with a wholehearted commitment to gospel fidelity and an abundance of flexible options, TEDS offers a theological education that equips you to serve Christ with wisdom and grace, in truth and love.