Weston Christian Academy is a covenant school that partners with the home and church to foster excellence in each student while developing spiritual leaders who are fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The first step in the application process is to complete the Pre-Employment Questionnaire. After completing this required document, click on the blue “Apply for This Job” button to continue with the process.
This position is responsible for teaching Science to middle school students. The teacher will instruct students as required by the curriculum objectives established by Weston Christian Academy. The specific focus of this role is to provide quality instruction with a biblical worldview.
This position guides students in classroom instruction and motivates them to reach their academic and spiritual potential while accomplishing the school mission.
- Teach Life Science in 6th grade, Earth Science in 7th grade and Physical Science in 8th grade
- Write lesson plans for all classes on a weekly basis
- Teach the entire assigned curriculum utilizing national standards and biblical integration
- Establish and maintain communication with parents as specified by administrative policy
- Read Weston Christian Academy email/staff communications and respond if requested
- Be available for student questions, concerns, and ministry before or after school
- Attend/participate in at least 4 evening events throughout the year
- Participate in the accreditation process for the school’s continuous improvement plan
- Participate in professional development to stay current in your field
- Participate in scheduled department meetings
- Fulfill any assigned supervisor duties
- Prepare interims and report cards quarterly and post grades weekly, and maintain accurate records on each student
- Discipline with love and enforce the established conduct policy
- Provide remediation or enrichment for students as necessary
- Attend the chapel that is scheduled for your predominant grade level
- Adhere to the specified professional dress code
- Compile and maintain an up to date substitute folder
- Secure and straighten up the classroom at the end of each day
- Must be able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Be a committed Christian who is a member in good standing in a Christian church
- Have a strong commitment to the Philosophy and Statement of Faith of First Baptist Church at Weston and to the Mission Statement of Weston Christian Academy
- Have a teachable and humble spirit
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with regard to children, their parents, and colleagues
- Group facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Education
- Florida State Teacher Certification and/or Florida Professional Certification a plus
- ACSI certification required, but can be obtained during the first two years of employment
- Flexible with good time management skills
- Ability to be trusted with confidential information
- Ability to prioritize
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (Tuesdays until 4:30 p.m.)
Thank you for considering employment with Weston Christian Academy. The Bible tells us in 2 Thessalonians 3:5 “Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ.” We pray that the Lord will guide you through this process and make His will known to you. Please truly consider the call God has placed on your life as you complete this application.