The Youth Intern is responsible for supporting the Senior Pastor and Director of Ministries (“Pastoral
Staff”) in executing the vision of Westminster Presbyterian Church with an emphasis on meeting the
Youth Ministry needs of Westminster Presbyterian Church.
Lead Youth Ministry
Responsible for teaching and leading youth and developing volunteer leaders.
• Develop with the Pastoral Staff the implementation of an overall ministry plan including appropriate goals and strategies aligned to the vision and mission of Westminster Presbyterian Church.
• Oversee youth programming including monthly social events and weekly meetings so that they encompass worship, discipleship, fellowship, evangelism and service components.
• Identify and teach relevant, age-appropriate, and biblical curriculum for youth.
• Recruit, train, and develop volunteer staff for relational youth ministry.
• Build and maintain meaningful relationships with youth through one-on-one or small group meetings outside of the weekly youth meetings.
• Plan and lead at least one annual youth retreat.
• Meet regularly with the Pastoral Staff for mentorship and Youth Ministry development.
• Attend Sunday morning worship services at Westminster Presbyterian Church.
• Committed, mature believer with a visible and growing relationship with Jesus.
• Attends worship regularly and maintains a consistent devotional life.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with emotional intelligence.
• Eagerness to learn and a teachable spirit.
• Team player who works effectively under their own initiative.
• Administrative and organizational skills, or at least has a willingness to grow in this area.
Reports to: Lead Pastor & Director of Ministries
Hours: 6 hours/week