Pastor of Middle School Ministries – Arlington Heights (Full Time)
PURPOSE: Leads and coordinates all ministries for students, from 6th grade through 8th grade.
• Leads a pastoral ministry of the Word and prayer towards the middle school students of The Orchard – Arlington Heights and of the surrounding community.
• Provides theological leadership by overseeing what is taught at all middle school ministry gatherings, making sure it is biblical, and aligns with the Roots, Life, and Fruit strategy, as well as the overall mission of the church.
• Develops, leads, and manages all ministry activities pertaining to middle school students in collaboration with the Pastor of Student Ministries.
• Recruits, trains, shepherds, and evaluates lay ministers (as well as lay ministry teams) for the various volunteer roles required to operate each of the above ministries by developing their God-given gifts and encouraging genuine faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
• Supports parents through intentional relationship, consistent communication, and by providing spiritual resources needed for raising their student in the Lord.
• Provides administrative leadership, by overseeing long-range planning, budgeting, and calendar coordination.
• Involved in other pastoral responsibilities as directed by the Pastor of Student Ministries.
• 1 – 3 years of student ministry volunteer and/or work experience desired.
• Bachelor’s degree in theology, youth ministry or religious studies required, MDiv. a plus.
• Must be available to work Sundays from 7:00 am – 12:30 pm.
• Ability to organize, analyze, and execute tasks in a timely manner.
• Exercise discretion and good judgment in personal contacts.
• Ability to communicate effectively with management, members, and volunteers.
• Demonstrate professionalism through appearance, attitude, personal interactions.
• Self-motivated and able to initiate projects and work independently.
• Computer literate in order to complete necessary tasks within software applications.
• Positive and supportive attitude
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].