The Big Picture
The Beacon in Los Angeles, CA (www.thebeaconla.org) is seeking a full-time Lead Pastor to be the spiritual leader of our congregation of 30-40.
About Our Church
The Beacon is a community of believers committed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our desire is to bring God glory by living our lives as a continuous expression of worship. We recognize the Bible as the inspired, complete, inerrant, and sufficient Word of God. Our church holds to the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith. We are non-denominational and Calvinist.
– He must be skilled in expository preaching
– He must cast the vision and direction of the ministry
– He must train, develop and meet regularly with the elders-in-training
– He must be able to minister to people of all ages
– He must display the fruit of the Spirit described in Galatians 5:22-23
– He is expected to be in person at his office at the church 3-4 days per week to accomplish study and sermon preparation, counseling, and administration duties
– He may be called upon for personal visits in homes and hospitals as needed
Eligibility / Qualifications
– Ordained or on path to ordination
– MDiv degree or equivalent
– Must have prior ministry experience
– U.S. citizenship/legal residency
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at The Beacon?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of The Beacon?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of The Beacon?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected]