Sun Valley Church in Yakima, Washington exists to glorify God by creating an authentic Christian community that is Gospel-centered, grace-driven, and mission-minded.
The Director/Pastor of Youth & Family serves the purpose and mission of the Church in the following ways:
– Oversee vision and strategy for ministries to youth, young adults, and families.
– Train and equip students and young adults in a biblical understanding of their relationship to God and other believers
as they work out their faith and utilize their gifts within the Church.
– Acknowledge and train parents as the primary disciple-makers in their children’s lives, and work to promote a culture
of family discipleship.
– Connect with parents to know their needs and how we can better assist them in raising up godly children.
– Connect with young adults to encourage them, know their needs, and know how we can better assist them in their
relationships with God and others.
– Plan and oversee family, young adult, and youth events to promote and advance the mission of the church and to
– Train and encourage ministry leaders, evaluate the ministry, delegate ministry responsibilities, and help develop
ideas and direction for future ministry.
Preferred Education and Experience:
– Completion of or actively pursuing completion of a bachelor’s degree
– Related experience
To apply for this position, e-mail [email protected]