Overall Function: Firmly rooted in the Anglican tradition, the Rector is responsible for the liturgical life of the parish, as well as overseeing the spiritual health and well-being of the parish as well as the administrative aspects of parish life.
• Faithfully administer the Sacraments in accordance with The Book of Common Prayer, 2019 during services on Sundays, mid-week and other major feasts.
• Ensure the Ministry of the Word through regular preaching on Sundays and other major feast days.
• Ensure pastoral care by calling on the sick and shut-ins, regular calling on the Parish members, and providing pastoral counseling as needed.
• Oversee Christian Education for young people and adults. Develop other educational opportunities such as Bible/Book studies as appropriate.
• Provide oversight of administration of the parish in consultation with the Vestry. Prepare for and chair Vestry meetings. Ensure effective communication throughout the parish.
• Supervise and develop parish staff.
• Coordinate and supervise the work of other participants in worship, including assistant priests, deacons, readers, lay eucharistic ministers and musicians.
• Develop and train lay leadership.
• Oversee the development of outreach efforts to serve the community.
• Other responsibilities as spiritual development or administrative needs may require.