The Chinese Pastor will provide pastoral leadership to develop and shepherd a comprehensive ministry for our Chinese-Speaking congregation that will train up disciples of Christ, integrate all the ministry programs into the overall Church body.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Ensure that the pulpit ministry provides spiritual nourishment to the congregation and challenges them to grow spiritually.
• Work with the church board in planning all church ministries and provide spiritual guidance to
various committees (e.g., worship, mission, fellowship).
• Provide spiritual guidance to fellowship group leaders, Bible study/Sunday school leaders, and prayer group leaders. Occasionally lead meetings.
• Develop effective leadership training programs for Sunday school teachers, church leaders, bible study group leaders, and fellowship group leaders.
• Provide leadership, guidance, and high-level plans in carrying out the Great Commission through individuals and co-worker teams.
• Provide support, visitation, and pastoral counseling to individual members or families of the congregation, especially in times of crises, evangelistic opportunities, and follow up with new visitors.
• Must be a Biblically-based, spirit-filled Christian, ascribing to the vision and values of Rochester Chinese Christian Church (https://www.rochesterccc.org/what–we–believe).
• Must have completed seminary training with a Master of Divinity Degree (M. Div.) at an accredited evangelical theological seminary, or equivalent (e.g., a Master’s Degree in Christian Education)
• Three or more years of pastoral experience, with experience in North America preferred.
• Capable of preaching and teaching in fluent Mandarin, able to communicate and work collaboratively with English-speaking co-workers to shepherd the church, and knowledge of Cantonese is preferred but not necessary.