- The associate pastor of youth and family will work along with the senior pastor and have
a particular focus of equipping existing and future youth ministries of River Ridge Church
for the purpose of encouraging spiritual growth, discipleship, and evangelism. This will
include leadership, oversight, regular involvement with youth and their activities, along
with an aim to minister to and equip the family unit for the purpose of making disciples.
- A clear testimony of faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ.
- Consistent spiritual and moral character along with a lifestyle of godliness and
leadership that meets the qualifications for elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9,
Ephesians 4:11-16, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- If married, the candidate’s wife should support his call to serve this church and
actively seek to develop good interpersonal relationships with the church body and the
- Competent in organization, administration, interpersonal relationships, and
approachability as a pastoral leader at River Ridge.
- Competent at teaching and preaching God’s Word.
- Adequate skills and education for the position.
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement of the Evangelical Free Church of America,
the mission statement of River Ridge, and the philosophy of ministry at River Ridge
- Have appropriate training in Bible and Theology, in Christian Ministries, Biblical
Studies, etc. and a minimum of 3 years of full-time ministry experience in a local church,
preferably with experience in youth ministry.
- Properly ordained within the EFCA, or willing to pursue ordination within the EFCA.
- To work in coordination with the senior pastor and elders to equip attenders of River
Ridge Church for the purpose of making disciples with a main focus on youth, families,
- Preach on a Sunday morning approximately once every 6-8 weeks under the direction of the Senior Pastor and elders, and in coordination with the ministry calendar.
- Lead and oversee both weekly and special youth activities in coordination with the youth volunteer team.
- Be a member of the Christian Education team and work with the Sunday School team for the purpose of broader impact and involvement at River Ridge.
- Work with existing youth and family ministries of River Ridge church for the purpose of growing to fulfill the mission to glorify God, make Christ known, and disciple his people.
- Provide opportunities throughout the year for families of River Ridge to grow in Christ, get connected to the church, as well as training for parents in raising children to love the Lord.
- Provide opportunities for marriage enrichment classes, or conferences for the purpose of encouraging healthy home life at River Ridge.
- Connect with and provide leadership to existing youth ministries of River Ridge
with an aim to fulfill the overall mission to glorify God, make Christ known, and
disciple his people.
- Provide direction and appropriate training to volunteer staff as needed.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings under the leadership of the Senior Pastor.
- Under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, effectively contribute to the overall
ministry health and direction of River Ridge Church.
- Work to accomplish necessary administrative tasks in an organized and timely
- Provide a pastoral report at both elder and annual congregational meetings.
- Attend elder, congregational, and other meetings as assigned.
- Fulfill required work hours with integrity and transparency while remaining in
good communication with the Senior Pastor.
- Work to become involved in the community in order to represent Christ well.
- Be intentional about opportunities to connect with families in the community.
- Become connected with the EFCA’s North Central District.
- The associate pastor is accountable to the senior pastor on a day-to-day basis
and will provide pastoral reports to the elder board as required.
- This position description will be reviewed annually by the elder board and the
- The associate pastor will be encouraged to periodically attend personal and
professional development conferences/classes that will promote growth in
- A spiritual mentor or peer, for accountability and encouragement is required.
After 2 yrs of employment the ideal mentor or peer would be someone local.