Reconciliation Church, located in South Holland, IL, not only bears the name “reconciliation,” we embody it in our history and life. We emerged from a 51-year-old Dutch Reformed congregation (Peace Christian Reformed Church) that desired to meet the challenge of being a homogenous congregation in a neighborhood that has transitioned from a predominantly Dutch community into a predominantly African-American community. To meet this challenge the congregation decided to “stay and change.” After years of soft attempts to change and multiple pastor turnovers, the congregation hired Glen McCarthy in 2015, an African American pastor with a background in school turnaround and community engagement to lead Peace Church towards their goal to change and reach their neighborhood community. In 2018 Pastor Glen lead the congregation through a restart process to form Reconciliation Church. The essence of the name Reconciliation Church derives from the church’s former name–Peace–and the desire to stay and change. Throughout the Apostle Paul’s writing we see that “peace” is the goal of reconciliation (Eph. 2:14-16, Col. 1:19-20). In the New Testament, the word “reconciliation” comes from a Greek family of words that have its roots in the word “allassō” which means, “change” or “exchange.” Reconciliation involves a change in relationship between God and humanity, or people amongst each other. Reconciliation restores harmony and fellowship in a relationship where there has been hostility and brokenness. Through the transformative power of Jesus Christ, the brokenness between our local church congregation and our neighborhood community has been restored. Now it’s time to flourish!
Mission: To bring restoration of identity, purpose, and destiny in Jesus Christ through preaching His gospel, teaching God’s Word, and making disciples.
Vision: To be a new humanity: loving the Lord our God and what He loves, learning of the person and work of Jesus Christ, and living out the gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit.
The purpose of the Director of Worship Arts is to lead and develop the worship music ministry culture for our church in consultation and cooperation with the senior pastor and other team members, in a way that is consistent with our mission, vision, and values.
• Plan and coordinate worship services with music, media assets, and volunteers for Sunday, midweek services, special services and events.
• Participate in creative planning for worship services with the Senior Pastor.
• Hold weekly rehearsals for the following groups: (e.g. Praise & Worship Team and Sanctuary Choir).
• Teach and provide written out music for all musicians participating in the worship service as necessary.
• Make available new resources and ideas to music ministry participants.
• Attend regular meetings with the senior pastor and/or worship committee for short and long-term planning.
• Determine and submit annual budget requirements for the music ministry and administrate the expenditures of the approved budget.
• Maintain the music library and supervise the maintenance of all instruments (organ, piano, keyboards, etc.).
• Provide music for funeral and/or memorial services held at church for the families of deceased members of Reconciliation Church.
• Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd musicians.
• Develop musical teams and ensembles for services.
• Maintain a strong prayer base for the music ministry.
• Communicate regularly with the Senior Pastor, musicians and volunteers.
• Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
• Align with the beliefs and leadership of Reconciliation Church.
• Full membership is required upon being hired for this position.
• Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
• Ability to recruit, teach, train, shepherd, spiritually support and effectively supervise volunteers and paid musicians for worship ministry within the church.
• Ability to manage a budget and procurement for worship related matters, including stipends for musicians.
• Possesses advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, church worship team management software, and ProPresenter software.
• Willingness to create and post worship related content on church social media platforms.
• Love and respect for people.
• Attested musical skills and competence.
• Ability to organize, coordinate and motivate musicians and technical team members.
• Strong team player and positive attitude (sense of humor – a plus).
• Committed to the church’s beliefs, mission, vision, values, leadership, members, and neighborhood community.
• Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
• Minimum of five years of experience in leading within a church or related setting.
• Ability in wide range of styles including Christian classics (hymns), Christian contemporary, and gospel music.
• Planning and directing special events, musicals and programs.
• Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services: for example, ProPresenter, sound boards, theater lights, video editing, etc.—a plus.
• This is a 20-hour minimum (part-time salaried position that does not include health benefits).
• The compensation is 30K annually.
• This position allows for two-weeks off for paid vacation time and a total of four (4) paid Sundays off per year.