Reconciliation Church is seeking a Director of Media and Online Presence who will oversee the church’s website, mobile app, and all social media platforms/outlets while strategically positioning the senior pastor for effective online ministry. This person will also create and implement an overall digital marketing strategy.
About Us: Our church not only bears the name “reconciliation,” we embody it in our history and life. We emerged from a 51-year-old Dutch Reformed congregation (Peace Christian Reformed Church) that desired to meet the challenge of being a homogenous congregation in a neighborhood that has transitioned from a predominantly Dutch community into a predominantly African-American community. To meet this challenge the congregation decided to “stay and change.” After years of soft attempts to change and multiple pastor turnovers, the congregation hired Glen McCarthy in 2015, an African American pastor with a background in school turnaround and community engagement to lead Peace Church towards their goal to change and reach their neighborhood community. In 2018 Pastor Glen lead the congregation through a restart process to form Reconciliation Church. The essence of the name Reconciliation Church derives from the church’s former name–Peace–and the desire to stay and change. Throughout the Apostle Paul’s writing we see that “peace” is the goal of reconciliation (Eph. 2:14-16, Col. 1:19-20). In the New Testament, the word “reconciliation” comes from a Greek family of words that have its roots in the word “allassō” which means, “change” or “exchange.” Reconciliation involves a change in relationship between God and humanity, or people amongst each other. Reconciliation restores harmony and fellowship in a relationship where there has been hostility and brokenness. Through the transformative power of Jesus Christ, the brokenness between our local church congregation and our neighborhood community has been restored. Now it’s time to flourish!
Mission: The mission of Reconciliation Church is to bring restoration of identity, purpose, and destiny in Jesus Christ through preaching His gospel, teaching God’s Word, and making disciples.
Vision: To be a new humanity: loving the Lord our God and what He loves, learning of the person and work of Jesus Christ, and living out the gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit.
The Director of Media and Online Presence will oversee the church’s website, mobile app, and all social media platforms/outlets while strategically positioning the senior pastor for effective online ministry. This person will also create and implement an overall digital marketing strategy.
The ideal applicant will be entrepreneurial and visionary, yet able to execute the details of a strategic plan. They will also be highly organized and systematic as we create a ministry brand that is Christ-centered, excellent, modern, and relevant. Experience in branding and marketing is preferred. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are a must. This candidate must have a love for people, making connections, and a heart to connect with in-person church attendees, members and online followers.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
• Manage website content by maintaining an updated sermons series header, the church calendar of events, sermon page, blog posts, and video content.
• Develop and manage a team of volunteers for live streaming.
• Produce high quality short videos (vignettes) that serve and support the mission and vision of the church.
• Oversee and serve as liaison for external media partners.
• Collect and distribute both church photos from services, events and short videos to external partners for production of personalized photographic memes and video snippets.
• Manage all aspects of day-to-day community engagement and content creation for social media platforms/channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn etc.) as well as all other sites on the web where conversations are happening relative to our mission, vision and topics of interest.
• Produce a monthly newsletter that features church highlights, new initiatives, met goals and inspirational testimonies of church members.
• Complete other related projects and duties as assigned.
• Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
• Committed to the church’s mission, vision, leadership, and people.
• Bachelor degree in communications, social media marketing, or digital marketing, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Strong team player and positive attitude (sense of humor – a plus).
• Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Interactive computer literacy essential.
• Must be self-starter and able to work effectively and efficiently in collaboration with others.
• At least one year of proactive, results-oriented media relations experience.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, start-up type environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work cross-functionally and in teams.
• Equally comfortable making a group presentation and creating content for the community.
• Enthusiastic about today’s social networking and collaboration technologies; ability to update webpages and various social media platforms.
• Experience building online interaction among members of a large-scale community.
• Experience using social media monitoring tools to identify trends and make recommendations to the Pastor related to results.
• Experience with, and passion for, creating and consuming new content types: websites, blogs, podcasts, wikis, etc. and distribution of it to community.
• Specific experience identifying and utilizing appropriate content streams: transcripts, articles, surveys, web seminars, podcasts, wikis, blogs, etc.
Compensation Disclosure: TBD
This description is not all-inclusive, and other duties may be assigned as necessary. Reconciliation Church does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law as it applies to churches. However, Reconciliation Church does discriminate on the basis of religion.
Employment Requirement: All Staff must be a member or become a member of Reconciliation Church upon employment.