Founder and President Nick Hall, who started Pulse in 2006 on his college campus. Since then, Pulse has seen 318,244,124 people impacted by the Gospel, and 1,997,440 people have responded to Jesus through their initiatives. Pulse aims to bring the hope of Jesus to the next generation, whether through live events, live streams, local revival gatherings, raising up leaders, or creating digital resources.
About the Vice President of Digital Evangelistic Content:
Pulse is seeking to add a Vice President (VP) of Digital Evangelistic Content that is passionate about evangelism and the mission of Pulse to Make Jesus Known. The Vice President of Digital Evangelistic Content is called to assist in equipping young people to be followers of Christ and an expression of the gospel. The VP of Digital Evangelistic Content leads, supervises, and manages Pulse’s evangelism content creation, media studio, websites, social media accounts, digital marketing campaigns, and all aspects of the digital ecosystem. This position will involve collaborating with the Creative, Marketing, and Communications departments to develop new ideas, conceptualize marketing campaigns, produce videos, and more. The VP of Digital Evangelistic Content will create opportunities and strategies for Pulse and Nick Hall Evangelism to share the Gospel and make Jesus known through digital spaces. The VP of Digital Evangelistic Content is a key contributor within the Creative, Marketing, and Communications departments—ensuring Pulse’s standard of excellence for reaching the next generation with relevant content and messaging.
The VP of Digital Evangelistic Content will be on the leadership team of Pulse. They will be responsible for implementing and executing the vision of the ministry through Digital Evangelistic Content that is focused on evangelism and equipping the next generation through creative writing projects, content creation, developing regular podcasts and training, and producing evangelism tools for social media platforms.
The Vice President of Digital Evangelistic Content’s responsibilities include:
- Manage evangelistic content development for all digital media.
- Responsible for projects from inception to final delivery and promotion on various platforms
- Work with creative and digital agencies to manage all digital channels and in-house social media team to grow our brand awareness with both promotional and ministry-focused content.
- Collaborate with our vendor partners on unique opportunities across paid social and paid search.
- Develop and execute strategies to grow engagement for Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, podcasts, and other media opportunities.
- Oversee design and creative process for all websites and associated campaign.
- Along with the Communications Team, develop structured website maintenance and content generation systems in lockstep with ministry strategic initiatives and organizational goals.
- Work closely with the internal Creative Team and agency partners to deliver exceptional creative work—showing a keen eye for great design and a focus on brand integrity.
- Build a team of digital creators, designers, videographers, writers, and coders.
- Develop case studies highlighting ministry success stories.
- Work with Pulse leadership and content creators to develop ministry-related content (messages, Bible studies, devotionals) for various digital platforms.
- Work with external partners to develop a strategic plan to enhance
functionality and generate new content for the Move Closer App.
- Effectively delegate and execute assigned tasks and manage responsibilities across the team to ensure quality work.
- Constantly monitor campaign performance and pacing using dashboard reporting, looking for optimization opportunities using a methodical framework to achieve goals and maximize results.
- Engage in personal and team development opportunities presented by Pulse leadership.
- Assist and perform any and all other duties as assigned.
- Travel as needed (estimated 5-10%).
- Work with the Creative Team and various campaign directors to conceptualize videos for promotion, live events, social media, and more.
- Be an active part of our Creative Incubation Team—regularly contributing new ideas and direction for programs, events, and online platforms.
- Supervise employees and provide work direction for the Creative Team.
- Plan new resources for written and digital evangelism content, including podcasts, online training classes, call to action on social media platforms, blog posts, etc.
- Manage a growing team of content creators and social media coordinators.
- Create measurable goals for the entire department and work with the team to ensure the success of those goals.
- Cast vision for the content team and ensure everyone is working toward the mission of Pulse.
- Serve on the leadership team and contribute toward ministry-wide strategic planning and improvement.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure high-quality content from conception to implementation.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Content Creation, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Analytics, or related field
- 5+ years of management experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong proficiency in web analytics tools (Omniture, Google Analytics) and SQL.
- Strong analytical skills at both the micro and macro levels.
- Strong project management and project leadership skills
- Experienced in creating cohesive marketing campaigns.
- Experienced in measuring and proving the impact of marketing channels.
- Disciplined budget management skills.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in building an effective team.
- Visionary leader with a passion for evangelism and experience managing projects from conception to completion.
- Experienced in partnering with vendors or third parties in the following areas: ensuring deadlines are met, plans are accurate, and budget/goals are achieved.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- A follower of Jesus, in agreement with the Pulse Statement of Faith, mission, and values.
- A model of Christian integrity, diligence in work, and persistence in pursuing and exceeding objectives.
- Professional demeanor and approach, and behavior consistent with the standards contained in Pulse manuals (i.e., Employee Manual, Financial Management Policy, etc.).
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Pulse Employee Manual.
- Strong relationship skills with the ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Self-directed strategic thinker.
What it’s Like to Live in Minneapolis, MN:
Minneapolis is a major city in Minnesota consisting of mostly young professionals. This city offers an urban feel and is one of the busier cities in the state. Minneapolis is considered a city of fun and growth. With its strong job market, delicious and various food options, affordable cost of living, and fantastic nature with dozens of parks and lakes, it proves itself as a utopia for people who are looking to bring excitement into their lives. There is always something fun to do, especially for families and young adults.
In the summertime, Minnesotan calendars are packed with festivals, night markets, the Minnesota State Fair, and endless art and music evenings. There is even an excess of activities to do during the winter months. Instead of staying inside and bundling up, Minnesotans take advantage of snowy days with outdoor ice sculptures, skiing, snowmobiling, pond hockey, and ice fishing. There is also easy access to the renowned Mall of America, residing in Bloomington, Minnesota, which is only a 15-minute drive from downtown Minneapolis.
Sports and college opportunities are a significant pride of Minnesota. Minnesota is home to high-performing teams such as The NBA Timberwolves, The Minnesota Lynx, The NFL Vikings, The MLB Twins, the NHL Wild, and the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. Locals are usually very passionate about sports and bleed the official colors of their favorite team. If you are a sports fan or just looking for something exciting to witness, a rival game in one of these stadiums is guaranteed to get your adrenaline pumping. If you are looking to live in a beautiful city with plenty of access to nature, great food, and jam-packed with fun things to do, Minneapolis is your place.