We are looking for our next Lead Pastor to lead us in fulfillment of our mission to meet people where they are and help guide them to where God wants them to be by traveling together and becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus. Pompey Community Church (PCC) has a small staff (one other full-time pastor and several part-time staff members) and is led by an Oversight Council consisting of elders and non-elders working with the Lead Pastor under a policy governance system. PCC’s next Lead Pastor will primarily be focused upon these six ministry priorities:
- Maintaining sound doctrine
- Preaching and teaching the Scriptures
- Leading our leaders in seeking God’s vision for our church
- Leading our church in pursuit of its mission by developing and implementing our church’s strategy for fulfilling its mission
- Identifying, mentoring, and training church leaders, staff members, and emerging leaders
- Overseeing and leading PCC’s congregational care & shepherding ministry
Qualifications for this position include the following:
- We are looking for someone who exemplifies the biblical characteristics and qualities of a pastor/elder given in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- We are looking for someone who has earned a seminary degree (Masters-level) from a reputable, evangelical seminary.
- We are looking for someone who can be an effective team leader with demonstrated experience in leading and coaching other staff members.
- We are looking for someone who has already been ordained through a doctrinal examination type of ordination process. We would consider someone who is willing to undergo this kind of ordination process.
- We are looking for someone who has some experience working with Policy Governance and is committed to it. We would consider someone with no experience in Policy Governance who is willing to commit to learning it, being coached in it it, and embracing it.
- We are looking for someone who agrees with and will uphold PCC’s Doctrine of Faith and who will align with our PCC Elders on other key issues of orthodoxy and orthopraxy.
- We are looking for someone who shares our belief that the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) is directed to ALL believers, and will lead us in evangelism, disciple-making, and carrying out the Great Commission locally, nationally, and internationally.