At Pleasant View Church, located in Ohio City, Ohio, the Lead Pastor fills a variety of roles and responsibilities. He…
- Is the main preacher and teacher, sharing from the depth and fullness of God’s Word. He should be able to communicate both God’s principles and practical ways to apply them.
- Should have a good reputation and be a godly example to the flock of a vibrant life of faith, living out biblical principles gleaned from his own daily times of study and prayer. He should demonstrate and inspire a love for God’s Word.
- Should be a compassionate and caring shepherd who is guided by the Holy Spirit in sensing spiritual needs and giving counsel and encouragement for the growth and maturity of the body into Christlikeness.
- Must be courageous enough to confront those in the body who are stubbornly walking in sin, and yet able to do that with a humility that seeks reconciliation and transformation.
- Works with the Leadership Team (pastoral staff and elected Elders) to craft the vision and priorities of the church and guide in their accomplishment.
- Acts as the head administrator of the church, moderating congregational meetings as well as coordinating and overseeing a host of ministries, leaders and volunteers.
Minimum Education Required: A Bible college or seminary degree
Pleasant View Church is a vibrant, Bible-believing community of Christ followers desirous of growing in our understanding of and passion for Jesus. We are a loving, family-oriented church of approximately 110 regular attenders committed to the Word of God. We have a heritage of over 170 years. Our membership is multi-generational and includes an amazing group of talented, well-educated, hard-working, entrepreneurial, and generous people. God has allowed us to be financially stable and recently to have completed a building project debt-free that includes a new sanctuary. We see God working at Pleasant View in individual discipleship, a Men’s Bible Study, and an exciting AWANA program that touches around 50 young people in our community. Our heart to reach the world for Christ is evident in our support of several members of our congregation who have been sent out as missionaries. Faithful volunteers lead our Music Team, Sunday School, Children’s Church, Junior Church, and Teen Group ministries.
The church is located in rural Van Wert County, a predominately blue-collar area that is served by 4 quality school districts and an active homeschooling network. It is 45 minutes away from Lima, Ohio, population 103,000, and Ft. Wayne, Indiana, population 409,000, with all the amenities comparable cities offer. The Van Wert Chamber of Commerce describes the area this way: “Affordable housing, award-winning schools, art centers, and recreation areas make Van Wert County an ideal place to make your home.”
As a church, we are traditional and conservative but not rigid. We are an elder-directed and congregationally-governed body. We have had a faithful, expository pastor for 37 years, and we are looking for a biblically-focused shepherd to lead us into the future.
How to apply
If interested, please apply ONLY if you and your wife have read through Pleasant View’s Statement of Faith on our website (www.pleasantview.church) and can affirm that both of you are 100% in agreement with it.
Please send your resume along with the items listed below to Pleasant View Church, 12008 State Route 49, Ohio City, OH 45874, or by email to [email protected].
- A statement that affirms you and your wife have read and agree 100% with Pleasant View’s Statement of Faith
- A short bio which includes descriptions of
a) your family
b) your marriage history and
c) your pastoral experience
- A family photo
- A brief summary of you and your wife’s salvation experience
- A brief summary of your desired salary/benefit package
- A copy of your educational transcripts
- 3 References with their contact information
Applications accepted: Until April 30, 2023