Lead Pastor of Preaching & Vision
The role of the Lead Pastor of Preaching & Vision (LP) is to oversee the communications, spiritual health, and direction of the church with the advisory oversight of the Grace Church Board of Elders. This will require his adherence to the EFCA Statement of Faith, and a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Grace Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission. The LP will offer pastoral leadership to the congregation alongside the elders. The LP will ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
The Lead Pastor of Preaching & Vision will be responsible for:
Job Description Objectives
- Oversees the Spiritual Health of Grace Church
- Strategic Leadership and Planning
- Oversight of Grace Church Preaching and Worship
- Staff Coaching and Development
- Reproducing the Church
Objective 1: Oversees the Spiritual Health of the Church
Supporting Goal: In tandem with the Board of Elders, responsible for oversight of and monitoring the discipleship and outreach strategy for Grace Church. This discipleship strategy will include engaging people in corporate worship, encouraging them to grow spiritually, connecting them in serving opportunities and challenging them to fulfill their God-given mission to make disciples.
- Defining a clear discipleship path so each person can identify their next steps toward Christ.
- Modeling discipleship with key staff and lay leaders.
- Providing Biblical teaching and casting vision that challenges people to pursue spiritual growth.
- Overseeing and empowering Associate staff and lay people to implement the discipleship strategy across all ministries.
- Measuring and monitoring the spiritual health of the church and, when necessary, holding staff and lay leaders accountable for the progress in their ministry areas.
Objective 2: Strategic Leadership and Planning
Supporting Goal: Responsible for clarifying and championing Grace Church’s vision and values. The LP will oversee strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s mission and vision. The LP will work with the pastoral team to establish goals and action plans. The LP will provide the catalyzing challenges and activities which allow Grace Church to remain true to its mission and vision. This leadership and input will be provided through many activities including:
Coordinating and leading staff meetings and engaging other activities designed to clarify and execute Grace Church’s goals and objectives. Facilitating regular meetings with the staff leadership team.
- Serving on the Board of Elders
- Providing leadership in vision casting and goal setting.
- Monitoring the pulse of the ministry through research and evaluation.
- Partnering with staff and lay leaders to ensure staffing, facilities, and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet strategic goals.
- Assigning pastoral and administrative duties as applicable.
- Overseeing budgets and providing oversight and direction in the large variety of financial functions of the church including: stewardship campaigns, cash flow, contributions, payroll, leases and budget development.
Objective 3: Oversight of Grace Church Preaching and Worship
Supporting Goal: Responsible for ensuring that all worship experiences are executed with excellence and faithfulness to God’s Word. The LP displays excellent communication skills, the ability to make sound decisions, high level networking, and relational strength that enhance each worship experience.
- Delivering relevant, engaging, Biblical messages.
- Partnering with leadership teams to plan and execute worship and other creative elements to compliment the teaching in each ministry environment.
- Offering direction to the creative team with planning, presenting, and promoting message series.
Objective 4: Staff Coaching and Development
Supporting Goal: Provides leadership and collaboration to and with the staff team. The LP will lead and mentor existing staff in their respective areas of ministry.
- Supervising the leadership team as it relates to day-to-day ministry and operational activities. Championing discipleship, training and leadership development. Overseeing the hiring and dismissal process for all staff.
- Providing coaching to the staff in the design and implementation of all church ministries including evaluating appropriate changes to organizational structure.
Objective 5: Reproducing the Church
Supporting Goal: Recognizing that God is positioning Grace Church to impact people’s lives through missions work here, near, and far; the LP will actively pursue opportunities to expand ministries to reach more people for Jesus.
- Continuing to develop a growth strategy that leverages the synergy of existing resources and prepares for expansion in the future.
- Partnering with organizations to equip and invest in ministry initiatives out of Grace Church. Developing resources that help staff and lay leaders increase the impact of their ministry.