THE BIG PICTURE
North Isanti Baptist Church (nibchurch.com) is seeking an Associate Pastor of Adult Ministries. The primary responsibilities of this position will be connecting our congregation to one another in community and service. The Associate Pastor of Connections and Leadership Development will give overall direction to ministry teams alongside managing and promoting our assimilation process. This will involve developing on-ramps for new attendees to connect to small groups and social and service opportunities.
North Isanti Baptist Church is located in Cambridge, MN, 40 miles north of Minneapolis and St. Paul. We have a rich heritage and commitment to missions giving and strong biblical teaching and preaching. North is affiliated with Converge Worldwide (formerly the Baptist General Conference). Although our area has several evangelical churches, our community has a significant and growing unchurched population.
We seek a man who models biblical Christian maturity in his professional, personal, and family life. As a pastor and growing disciple of Jesus, he will seek to first of all build into every contact, member and ministry leader a clear understanding of the Gospel and Jesus’ call to discipleship. This discipleship entails a growing desire to know Jesus more fully, love Him more actively and imitate Him more persistently.
Ministry Gifts and Strengths:
Relational – Seeks out and enjoys being with people and developing friendships.
Leading – Provides effective leadership to teams within the church.
Equipping- Encourages lay leaders to engage in growth opportunities.
Administration – Organizes and implements plans to lead others in the church’s various ministries.
Planning- Understands how to develop the detailed steps that move from an idea to a plan to an achieved goal.
1. Connect to one another – Help the church family develop meaningful friendships with one another & engage in personal growth.
-Promote and participate in our Intro to North class for new attendees & visitors.
-Support our small group and adult discipleship programs (e.g., Bible studies, Sunday School, retreats) with recruitment plans, publicity and leadership development.
-Plan & promote special social events at which the entire church family can connect.
2. Connect us to Ministry – Assist congregation members in finding places to serve which fit their giftedness.
-Provide tools (conversation, classes, seminars, online resources) to help members determine their giftedness.
-Compile and maintain an up-to-date listing of spiritual giftedness, experience, and talents available within the congregation to assist in volunteer recruitment.
3. Connect Leaders to Resources – Encourage leaders to grow in their ministry skills &connect to resources.
– Be an administrative soundboard to help evaluate the feasibility (cost, timing, staffing, etc.) of new ministry ideas before they are presented to the Elder board.
– Work with leaders to develop effective teams and thorough plans for their ministry ideas.
– Help leaders find potential team members for service opportunities such as short-term missions, projects, community outreach, etc.
– Provide leaders with opportunities for personal leadership growth (in-house training, mentoring, books, conferences, etc.).
– Work alongside our Senior Pastor, supporting our values and mission
– Preach occasionally
– Serve as pastoral representative on the Deacon Board
– Other occasional duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or Elder Board
-Seminary or Graduate degree in Theology or Pastoral Ministry preferred
-Minimum of 5 years in fruitful ministry developing leaders and growing disciples
-Additional leadership training a plus
-Report to the Senior Pastor for overall direction, support, accountability, and supervision
-Build friendships among those you are called to serve
-Become a North Isanti Baptist Church member and endorse, support and practice our Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and Vision Statement
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package will be determined by experience, education and will be commensurate with similar positions of this nature.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Associate Pastor at North Isanti Baptist Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Associate Pastor of North Isanti Baptist Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of North Isanti Baptist Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected]