New Life Bible Fellowship Church in Oley, PA, is seeking a shepherd-hearted man to care for the souls of our 7th-12th-graders, and the volunteers who minister to them. We currently have a full-time youth pastor who will eventually be transitioning into another ministry role within the church. Ideally, the incoming youth pastor would serve for a period of time alongside our current youth pastor, allowing for a smooth transition of leadership, as the current youth pastor gradually assumes other responsibilities.
- Classification: Full-time. Pastoral staff. Exempt position.
- Reporting To: Senior Pastor
- Principle Function: The youth pastor is responsible for promoting the mission of New Life Bible Fellowship Church in the lives of our 7th – 12th graders. Our mission is to glorify God by introducing people to New Life in Christ, and to equip believers to grow into mature disciple-makers.
- Serve as primary teaching pastor for youth ministry, with an emphasis on expository preaching/teaching
- Recruit, disciple, equip and collaborate with adult youth staff volunteers
- Establish and maintain personal relationships with individual students in order to minister, disciple, and present Christ by means of maintaining availability as a friend and counselor
- Maintain communications with parents of youth
- Develop and plan outreach opportunities both locally and as part of a global outreach program
- Oversee a student ministry budget
- General pastoral ministries, including visitation, counseling, teaching etc.
Qualifications for the Position
- Confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and demonstrate a vibrant and growing personal walk with Jesus.
- Meet biblical qualifications found in Titus 1:6-9, 1 Tim. 3:2-7, 1 Peter 5:2-3, including being biologically male.
- Be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Be able to communicate the Scriptures with depth and in an engaging way.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Be in agreement with the Articles of Faith of the Bible Fellowship Church (https://www.bfc.org/who-we-are/articles-of-faith/).
- Have served in a ministry position, either paid or unpaid for at least two years (bachelor’s or master’s degree from a Bible school/seminary/college preferred)
- Have demonstrated an ability to connect with teens.
- Subscribe to a philosophy of ministry that exalts the sufficiency of the inerrant Scriptures for all of life and godliness.
- If he has a family, he must demonstrate maturity in his leadership at home.
- Ideally, he would be highly relational, but also able to get tasks done well.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2817