Meet New Hope Church:
From the beginning, New Hope Church, located in Wooster, OH, has focused on reaching out to the nearly 78,000 unchurched people in Wayne County. We continue to welcome people with our “No Perfect People Allowed” mentality. Today hundreds of people attend weekend Gatherings and small groups throughout Wayne County. God is at work at New Hope Church. We experience how exciting church can be when the focus is simple and people are free to go after God with passion!
About the Teaching and Outreach Pastor :
New Hope Church is searching for a Teaching & Outreach Pastor to serve their community in innovative and intentional ways. This person will create programs and ministries to reach unchurched and de-churched people in New Hope’s community. They will also preach and teach in worship gatherings, classes, and small groups. The church is looking for someone who desires to come alongside the Pastoral team to grow the ministry. This person will have a hunger for God’s word and seek to partner with New Hope Church in the mission to proclaim the gospel.
The Teaching and Outreach Pastor’s Responsibilities Include:
General Ministry Oversight
- Maintains and brings health to ministries and ministry leaders.
- Keeps a relational connection with key ministry leaders to provide support and guidance to the pastoral team.
- Serves as a part of the pastoral ministry team and helps create and implement ministry goals and objectives.
- Shares the pastoral shepherding responsibilities by providing the church with pastoral care, prayer, discipleship, and relational community.
Leadership & Ministry Development
- Creates systems for outreach through events, small groups, and personal training.
- Leads accountability process for certain ministry leaders for ongoing care, growth, & training.
- Recruits and develops new leaders for outreach initiatives.
- Develops a ministry and culture of outreach and evangelism in our Small Groups.
- Develops and maintains a process to help new believers grow from spiritual infancy to childhood.
Outreach & Events
- Serves as the primary contact for outreach events and community relationships.
- Plans and executes community outreach events.
- Trains Small Group leaders and individuals in personal relational evangelism.
- Shares leadership in local and global outreach initiatives.
Teaching & Other Ministry
- Serves on the teaching team and is on the Sunday preaching rotation.
- Teaches in Small Groups, classes, and special events as needed.
- Will help lead or serve at church-wide events.
- Provides shepherding on Sunday mornings (lead communion, response times, etc. during gatherings).
- Functions as a team player with the ministry leaders and provides support and guidance for ministry leadership teams outside the area of direct responsibility.
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Teaching & Outreach Pastor:
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma, required
- At least 5-10 years of ministry leadership experience
- Biblical discipleship and counseling experience
- College education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Effective time-management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to possess a working knowledge of standard office equipment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and trust in all situations
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects and assignments
- Ability to lead with a servant’s heart
- Ability to adapt easily
- Ability to be punctual and efficient
- Ability to be well-organized
- Knows and loves God’s Word
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Must have a heart for the ministry of New Hope and the people of this church family
- Demonstrates ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ through regular prayer, Bible study, and worship attendance
- Attention to detail
- Emotional intelligence
- Humble and hospitable
- High professionalism
- Creative and innovative
- Self-disciplined and driven
- Relational, cooperative, and tactful
- Dependable and proactive
What it’s Like to Live in Wooster, OH:
Wooster, Ohio, home to 26,540 residents and counting, is a lively hub bustling with life, business, and entertainment. Named one of Ohio’s Best Hometowns in 2017, Wooster continues to be one of Ohio’s most innovative and exciting communities to live, work, and visit.
Residents know the city for its strong sense of community, access to arts and culture, and thriving downtown. The community boasts an excellent school system, a vibrant downtown, three colleges, a world-class community-owned hospital, a plethora of growing businesses, and a network of volunteers and organizations dedicated to helping others succeed.
Wooster holds the best of both worlds, having the small-town feel with big-town vitality. Life in Wooster is buzzing with its full calendar of festivals, intriguing educational events, and concerts, 600 acres of parkland, two public pools and a natatorium, and a growing urban bike trail network. What’s more, Wooster is just an hour’s drive away from Cleveland and Columbus.
Downtown shops offer artsy and eclectic goods along with the finest meals in the region, while the city’s North End retail district hosts national retailers, restaurants, and indoor activities including mini-golf and ice skating.
Wooster’s strong sense of community makes it a great town to raise a family! Having everything in abundance from economic growth, to top-tier schools, to endless activity, Wooster is a town designed to be called “Home.”