Meadows Christian Fellowship (MCF) is located in Rolling Meadows, Illinois, in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. MCF began as a church in 1955 when Rolling Meadows was young, and the church grew up along with the suburb surrounding it. The church has Baptist roots from the very beginning and we are still associated with Converge Worldwide. MCF has a long history of engagement in the community as well as in global missions, and we continue to have a fellowship of people who are passionate about our mission of glorifying God by Helping People to Know, Love, and Become Like Jesus Christ. We currently average about 100 in-person worshipers on Sunday mornings in one service, with several additional still watching by livestream. You can find out more about us on our website at meadowsfamily.org
The Senior Pastor at Meadows Christian Fellowship leads and serves the congregation along with our team of Elders by fulfilling his scriptural role as a pastor and shepherd (Acts 6:2-3, 1 Peter 5:1-5, 1 Tim. 2:1-7, 2 Tim. 4:1-5) The Senior Pastor keeps MCF focused and moving forward in our mission of Helping People to Know, Love, and Become Like Jesus Christ. To fulfill these roles, the Senior Pastor will engage the following areas of responsibility:
- Preaching and Worship, Teaching, and Prayer
- Vision for Mission and Multiplication
- Leadership and Leader Development
- Discipleship, Shepherding, and Care
- Administration and Staff Oversight
These areas are more fully described in the Responsibilities section below. The Senior Pastor position is a full time position (40+ hrs.)
Meadows Christian Fellowship is seeking a man who is both called and qualified for the position of Senior Pastor. He must be committed to live in accordance with the standards set forth in the Bible (1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9) and must meet the qualifications of membership at MCF. The Senior Pastor must be devoted to the Word, Prayer, Fellowship, Care, and Multiplication (Acts 2:42-47.) He must have the heart and skills required for leading, shepherding, and caring for the flock, a heart for the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20) and possess vision and gifting for building up and pouring into others to lead, shepherd, care, and minister (Eph. 4:11-12.) M.Div preferred and 7+ years of Pastoral experience is required.
Preaching and Worship, Teaching, and Prayer
- The Senior Pastor will fulfill the primary preaching role at MCF. He should devote significant time and energy to the study and preparation of God’s Word. He will seek the building up of the church through Christ-centered, gospel-driven, expository, pastoral preaching, and through Word-centered worship in collaboration with worship staff.
- The Senior Pastor will provide oversight and direction to Christian Education at MCF. He will work collaboratively with Elders and other ministry leaders and teachers to help guide the planning and scheduling of curriculum and classes and to ensure that all content is aligned with MCF beliefs and mission.
- The Senior Pastor will promote a culture of prayer at MCF. He will be committed to praying, both privately and corporately, with and for the people of MCF and for the mission and ministries of MCF.
Vision, Leadership, and Leader Development
- The Senior Pastor will help develop and drive vision at MCF. He will serve alongside the Elders to set vision and direction for MCF to further our mission of Helping People to Know, Love, and Become Like Jesus Christ. This includes working with the Elders to shape ongoing vision and direction for multiplication through church growth, evangelism, and global missions.
- The Senior Pastor will be a visible leader and crucial leadership link between the Elder and Staff teams. He will serve alongside the Elders to provide consistently visible leadership and spiritual nurturing of the church. He will lead the MCF Staff in implementation and administration of the mission and vision as set forth by himself and the Elders, and will maintain efficient and effective lines of communication between the MCF Staff and Elders.
- The Senior Pastor will actively seek to develop and deploy leaders at MCF. He will work with the Elders to help develop and deploy leaders through ongoing Elder training (for qualified men to prepare for Eldership) and Elder development (for current Elders to grow in their role as Biblical leaders and shepherds) in addition to identifying, developing, and deploying leaders in various ministry roles throughout the church.
Discipleship, Shepherding, and Care
- The Senior Pastor will promote a culture of discipleship at MCF. Through pastoral leadership and by example through direct involvement in discipleship, he will encourage the people of MCF to join groups and to engage in intentional relationships to pursue Knowing, Loving, and Becoming Like Jesus Christ together. He will collaborate with Elders and ministry leaders to provide oversight of small groups and discipleship groups, support for group leaders, and to promote group health and multiplication.
- The Senior Pastor will serve the people of MCF by fulfilling his Biblical role as a shepherd. He will shepherd the Fellowship through his ministry of preaching and prayer, through pastoral counseling, performing pre-marital counseling, weddings and funerals, and by extending care in times of sickness and death. Along with the Elders, he will ensure that the care needs of the church are being met through the MCF Care Team and in the group life of the church.
Administration and Staff Oversight
- The Senior Pastor will shape and develop the MCF Staff team. He will promote clear roles and efficient collaboration, oversee staff training and development, and initiate formal performance evaluations as well as ongoing informal performance feedback. In accordance with the church constitution and bylaws, and with appropriate approval from the Elders, he will have the authority to create, eliminate, or restructure staff positions, and to hire or dismiss staff.
- The Senior Pastor will oversee and manage the MCF Staff team. He will facilitate weekly staff meetings and lead the MCF Staff team in their role of supporting and communicating the ministries, programs, and events of the church. He will oversee and execute the administration of the church to ensure effective functioning of the front office. He will be responsible for overseeing the efficiency and effectiveness of ministry, business, facility, and logistical support functions through MCF Staff and ministry teams. Along with the staff, he will oversee the development of and adherence to church policies and procedures.
If you have questions or to apply for this position, please email us at: [email protected]