The Big Picture
Mayfair Bible Church (mayfairbible.org) is a church of 300 seeking a Senior Pastor to join its team of elders in shepherding God’s flock. The elder board—which consists of five or more lay elders, two associate pastors, and the lead pastor—works with the deacon board to guide, serve, and love the church family.
Located in Flushing, Michigan, (a small town near Flint), Mayfair Bible Church grew from a neighborhood ministry in 1929 to an incorporated church in 1945 and has remained a witness to God’s faithful grace and truth. Throughout its history, Mayfair has remained committed to biblical teaching and preaching, excellence in Christian music, relevant youth ministry, and spiritual growth for its members—under the stable leadership of only four lead pastors. The Mission Statement calls people to “Belong to Jesus, Thrive in Jesus, and Go with Jesus.” The Lead pastor is joined by a youth and family pastor, an associate pastor, and a director of music. The official board of elders and deacons oversees the ministries. Lying on a twenty-acre parcel, MBC houses an 800-seat worship center that is flanked by administration and educational wings. The facility also includes classrooms, a multi-purpose gymnasium, kitchen, outdoor pavilion, and ball diamond. Adjacent to its campus, MBC operates its own Thrive Center, a flexible, multipurpose space for community connection.
• Preach and teach the Word of God
• Provide for the regular observance of the ordinances and ceremonies of the church
• Provide pastoral care
• Provide spiritual leadership for church members
• Assist department heads in the promotion and overall work of their departments
• Equip the believers for works of service
• Hold regular staff meetings
• Perform all other duties as required
• A man who meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
• A master’s degree or higher in Christian theology
• Complete agreement with the Mayfair Doctrinal Statement
• Five or more years as a lead, senior, or teaching pastor
• Pass applicable background checks
• Experienced and committed to making disciples locally and globally
• Licensed or ordained in a like-minded church
• Pastoral team experience
$80,000-$90,000 Total Package
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Mayfair Bible Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor of Mayfair Bible Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Mayfair Bible Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected]