The Big Picture:
Martin Baptist Church and United Community Baptist Church are seeking a Pastor to serve two congregations in rural North Dakota.
Martin Baptist Church in Martin, ND (https://www.facebook.com/martinbaptistND2021),
and United Community Baptist Church in Anamoose, ND (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100071511986171) are seeking a pastor looking for a challenge and opportunity to serve two, like-minded congregations in rural North Dakota with the hope of working together in Christ. The city of Martin is located in Central North Dakota with a population of approximately 80 residents. The city of Anamoose is located at the intersection of Hwy 52 and ND Hwy 14 with a population of approximately 200 residents. We are a proud farming and ranching community and are situated within 6 miles of each other. Average attendance is approximately 60-75 people between both churches each Sunday. Our churches are passionate about outreach, ministry and discipleship and strive to be inwardly strong with an outward focus. We want to know Jesus and make Jesus known!
Requirements and Qualifications
• Man of prayer with credible Biblical training
• Bible college degree or equivalent with a Master of Divinity degree preferred
• Effectively communicate Bible based messages presented with real life applications
• Shepherd’s heart for all people
• Visit the sick, elderly, shut-ins, nursing home residents and parishioners as needed
• Outreach to local area residents through community involvement with purposeful evangelism
• Lead the worship service and perform administrative duties
• Help train and equip leaders
• Be involved with and a supporter of our church activities such as discipleship, Bible study, Sunday school, weekly prayer groups, conduct weddings, funerals, baby dedications, etc.
• Represent the church at conference & association meetings, local ministerial meetings, and any other occasions where needed
• Must be willing to support the NAB Statement of Beliefs and Code of Ministerial Ethics, but not required to be ordained through the NABC
◦ $55-$65K/year based on experience
◦ Parsonage provided including:
-electricity, water/sewer, propane
◦ Reimbursed at IRS allowable rate for church relate expenses
◦ 3 weeks and 3 Sundays annually (non-cumulative) and pro-rated for the first year
Please look over this job description and the church Facebook page of each church. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor of these two churches?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at these two Churches?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of these two churches and the North American Baptist Conference?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected]