LakeView Church is an Evangelical Free Church with an average attendance of 320 located in Stoughton, WI. Our congregation is a delightful mix of young families, middle-aged, and older adults. We believe the church is not just a spiritual service provider or the spiritual equivalent of a gym for your soul. Discipleship is not ultimately about spiritual self-improvement. The church is a spiritual home, the household of God, with Christ as the head of the family. Discipleship is about being with the Lord. Transformation is what happens when we devote ourselves to him–the more I’m with Jesus, the more I’m like Jesus.
We have a thriving kids ministry, a growing youth ministry, and a bursting-at-the-seams Sunday morning worship ministry. We also have Bible studies and Gospel Communities (medium-sized groups of about 15-35 that meet once a month for a potluck and prayer).
Stoughton is a small but growing town of about 15,000 located just outside the Wisconsin state capital of Madison. As one of the safest communities in the state, Stoughton is a charming town in which to raise a family. There’s a state park, four large and beautiful lakes, bike trails, trout streams, and Madison, with a huge variety of restaurants, shopping, and other activities–all only minutes away. There are great schools in the area, with public and private school options to choose from.
Summary: The Associate Pastor of Worship and Discipleship provides leadership through organizing and leading worship and through overseeing relational discipleship ministries. This includes leading musical worship, teaching and preaching, mentoring, praying, and developing leaders.
The Associate Pastor will provide leadership to help achieve the outcomes below.
- A congregation that is growing in its understanding, practice, and value of worship
- Weekly worship services that glorify God and encourage active congregational participation
- Healthy and engaged worship teams
- A congregation that is growing in its understanding of the nature and process of discipleship, especially the value and role of relationships in spiritual growth
- A congregation that is committed to one another and to the practice of relational discipleship
- Ministry structures, systems, and plans that promote healthy, gospel-infused relationships which foster spiritual growth
- A healthy and growing team of leaders equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry of making disciples
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times
- Assist with pastoral care as needed
- Serve on the Teaching Team, preaching at least 20% of Sundays (not required to lead worship and preach on the same week)
- Assist with baptisms, dedications, funerals, and weddings as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
- A born-again disciple of Jesus who demonstrates love and passion for serving him; and a member in good standing (or willing to become one) of LakeView Church
- A sense of calling to vocational ministry, with gifts appropriate for this position, including pastoring, leadership, and musical ability
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical qualifications for leaders (see 1 Tim 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in music or Christian ministry, master’s degree from seminary preferred
- A high commitment to team ministry, relationships, and having fun along the way
- Excellent vocal and instrumental ability and skill in leading worship
- Engaging personality with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Skills with church multimedia systems and other ministry-related technology