A little about us:
Our vision hangs above the door and is the guiding principle in all we do: “Everyone growing and leading others toward maturity in Christ.” This is what International Christian Fellowship (ICF) stands for.
We are an English-speaking, evangelical church in Frankfurt, Germany. With an average Sunday attendance of 250, ICF is an Elder-led, international community of believers from over 50 different countries. We strive to be centred around the Gospel in every area of our church: in our preaching, across our ministries, and in the way we live out our faith in community. We are part of the International Baptist Convention (IBC) and the German Bund Evangelisch-Freikirchlicher Gemeinden (BEFG).
The opportunity: What we are looking for:
We are looking for a full-time Assistant Pastor to join our team of Pastor and Elders. This is a two-year position and is ideal for someone eager to gain further ministry experience in an international context. Alongside pastoral duties, his primary area of responsibility will be leading our youth ministry, which over the past three years has grown to become a group of 40-50 young people. A 40-hour working week will likely be split into 30 hours devoted to the youth ministry and 10 hours to other pastoral tasks.
The ideal candidate will be gifted in teaching and leading others, and will be committed to shepherding, discipling and spiritually nurturing the congregation alongside the Elders. Anyone serving in a pastoral role must be spiritually mature and above reproach, meeting the qualifications found in Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Timothy 3:2-7, and committed to a biblical gospel (Romans 1:16, Philippians 3:7-9, Galatians 6:14).
This has the potential to be a life-changing role, both for the successful applicant and for those ministries he is called to serve in. We are looking for someone ready to take this responsibility with both hands, to lead in a servant-hearted and Christ-centred way, and to further our mission to live out the Great Commission.
Responsibilities: The role
• Assist the Pastor and Elders in overseeing and implementing the mission, vision and strategy of the church as a whole
• Assist the Pastor and Elders in counselling and discipling individuals and families
• Regularly preach the Word in our Sunday services
• Participate and take a leadership role in Sunday worship gatherings, church prayer meetings, Elders’ meetings, staff meetings and other church activities
• Perform other pastoral duties as required (membership and baptism classes, weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, etc.).
Youth Ministry Leader
• Plan and oversee weekly youth group meetings, which include Bible study, worship, prayer and games – bringing the gospel to life for young people from ages 12-18
• Plan regular youth group events and trips (e.g. mission trips, camping trips, parties, worship nights, games nights, outdoor activities)
• Develop strong, trust-based relationships with youth group members and parents
• Communicate with and work closely alongside parents, and be their contact person for all youth-related matters
• Plan youth-led Sunday worship services and be active in creatively fostering the integration of youth group members in the wider church
• Maintain the budget for the youth ministry
• Oversee all child protection and safeguarding requirements
• Lead and recruit (when needed) a group of volunteers to assist in the youth ministry
The requirements: What we’d like from you
• Fluency in English
• Proficiency in German (B1) or a willingness to grow in this area
• Seminary degree or equivalent theological training (completed or in process)
• Previous ministry experience; international experience and/or experience with youth desired
• A passion for discipleship and a heart for young people
• Giftedness and experience in effectively communicating the Word
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
If you think you might be a good fit for this position and would like to apply or receive more information, please contact [email protected].