Indian Hill Church is seeking a Director of Christian Education and Youth to foster spiritual growth and cultivate an environment of enthusiastic service and outreach in the community. The ideal candidate possesses a strong vocational call to ministry, possess a committed faith in God and Jesus Christ and displays the maturity in their faith and in their spiritual growth to provide strong and appropriate counsel to children, youth, and adults. The candidate has the ability to provide adaptive leadership and management to the Christian Education Program for children, youth and their families (birth–young adult) and to help them grow in their Christian faith and the ability to develop trusting relationships with people of all ages within the congregation and community.
· Direct and support all Christian education programs for children, youth, and families.
· Teach competently across multiple age groups and in multiple settings.
· Plan, coordinate and manage youth programs.
· Engage and empower parents to be involved in the faith formation of their children.
· Build opportunities for youth and children to be involved in worship and Christian service.
· Build relationships with children, youth, and families, and provide holistic guidance and support as needed.
· Work collaboratively with programming and support staff; coordinate directly with Director of Music and Director of Indian Hill Church Nursery School.
· Actively participate in all aspects of church life as a member of the leadership team.
· Hire, coordinate, and manage nursery staff.
· Other duties as assigned.
· PCUSA Certified Christian Educator or Episcopal equivalent, or Master’s Degree in Christian Education, or Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field with a strong desire to seek further training in Christian Education in either denominational context preferred.
· 2 to 5 years experience
· The interest, maturity, and flexibility to work in a dual denominational environment.
· Physical requirements: ability to engage in overnight retreats, outdoor games and activities, mission trips and other physically demanding tasks.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to connect on a personal level with people of all ages.
· Outstanding planning and organizational skills.
· Salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience.
Further information about Indian Hill Church can be found at www.indianhillchurch.org. Interested applicants can send resumes to P[email protected], ideally before November 15, 2023.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3514