The House of Prayer Rescue Mission is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor of Worship & Compassion with a ministry calling and giftedness in worship leading, as well as an interest in hands-on kindheartedness ministries. The full-time paid ministry position includes Christian compassion opportunities serving with the less fortunate in a rural setting of a county seat community of 9,000 people. This forty-year-old ministry is currently looking for an experienced, Bible trained, energetic, humble, self-starting, motivated, flexible, team player, who is a born again, Spirit filled, Bible believing Christian and called by God to the local church pastoral ministry.
Length of Time: Full-time ministry position includes Sundays and weekdays. The specific weekday ministry schedule to be determined. Mondays and most Saturdays are days off.
Rate of Pay: $3,000.00 to $3,500.00 per month.
Paid Vacation Time: Three weeks per year.
House of Prayer Weekly Ministry Schedule
- Sundays – 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the House of Prayer new chapel for worship service at 10 AM, Sunday meal at 11:15 AM, as well as assist with pastor calls, studies and outreach opportunities.
- Weekday Ministry Opportunities – Thrift Ministry Monday thru Friday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Feeding Ministry Tuesday and Thursday 9 AM to Noon. Prayer Meeting Tuesday 7 – 8 PM
- Benefits: Some possible fuel expense assistance to help with commuting, if needed. Free dining room lunches are available Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday. Some seasonal garden vegetables are often available. Also, a limited number of food items can be made available through our food closet and other resources such as dry goods, clothing, and other living necessities through the
- House of Prayer’s thrift ministry. Pay package is negotiable based on experience, education, and tax filing needs.
- Full-Time Associate Pastor of Worship and Compassion
- Leading worship with the worship band on Sunday mornings and the Tuesday evening prayer meeting. Assisting the pastor in ministry prep and administration of service/study/outreach duties, follow-up and clean-up at the Sunday morning worship service; befriend and minister with folks at the service and other pastoral duties that help build God’s kingdom through this ministry. The House of Prayer Rescue Mission has a sit-down feeding ministry for lunch on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, as well as a full-scale thrift ministry. Duties include helping the mission director with meal devotions and the food director with prep, serving and cleanup of meals, as well as assist the resource director at the thrift ministry with duties like receiving and sorting resource donations, maintenance, assisting and ministering with customers and assisting the less fortunate with basic need items. A burden or call for rural Christian compassion ministries to help people in need through the local church ministry is helpful.
- Miscellaneous: With the present size and scope of the ministry at the House of Prayer there are miscellaneous duties that all team members do to help for the overall good. Not exhaustive, but some examples include assisting with fund-raisers, administration, maintenance, cleaning, snow and ice removal, lawn, garden and building care, hospital visits, local and mission outreach, etc.
House of Prayer Rescue Mission
Established by Robert A. Jackson in the early 1980’s, The House of Prayer was organized to extend the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all people, regardless of denomination, race, or heritage by reflecting basic Christian beliefs as taught in the Bible. Today, that tradition continues by offering a free hot meal 3 days per week, mentoring opportunities, Bible studies, prayer meetings, worship services and thrift ministry.
How to Apply
Those interested in the Associate Pastor of Worship & Compassion position please forward a resume that includes two ministry and two job-related, non-family references to [email protected] Submission of resume does not necessarily guarantee an interview for the position. Approved candidate must be willing to sign an agreed upon covenant of conduct.