Hope Evangelical Free Church is seeking a lead pastor who is a skilled communicator with priorities in preaching and teaching the word of God, discipleship, and evangelism. The desired candidate will be a visionary pastor who can lead the church in proclaiming the good news of God’s grace in Monroe, WI and the surrounding area.
The Lead Pastor will provide overall ministry leadership to Hope EFC, a church of about 55, shepherding the congregation through biblical preaching, teaching, discipleship, and mentoring, thus equipping them to carry out the vision and mission of Hope thereby fulfilling their purpose.
• Preach and teach the Word of God regularly
• Have overall responsibility for the public worship services
• Provide general pastoral care and nurture
• Provide overall vision and leadership to HEFC
• Help identify and coach lay leaders
• Successful ministry experience
• Has acquired suitable skills and education for the position
• Adept in interpersonal relationships
• EFCA ordained or willing to work towards it
• Potential and desire to remain at least five years at HEFC
Located in southern Wisconsin about an hour south of Madison, Monroe is the county seat of Green County. A casual stroll around the square surrounding the Historic Courthouse provides visitors insight into why Monroe is the “Swiss Cheese Capital of the USA”. The friendly community contains scenic parks, quality schools, and vibrant businesses.