REPORTS TO: Rector/Pastor Todd Pickett
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Part-time (20 hrs/wk), 12 Months
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: Volunteers or paid staff in the nursery, atrium (Sunday school), and with youth staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in ministry or education-related field preferred. Skills include: ability to teach, train, and offer pastoral care; strong organizational skills; supervision and mentoring. Also, a familiarity with or interest in the Anglican tradition and the Godly Play curriculum for children.
The Director’s primary function is to oversee the vision, scope, sequence, curriculum, and communal rhythms of faith formation for children, youth, and families at Holy Trinity Anglican Church (HTC) in Costa Mesa, CA. This position reports to the Rector, supervises members of the ministry staff (nursery, early childhood, children, and youth coordinators), and works alongside families. (Currently, there are less than 8 children in the ‘atrium’ Sunday School and we have no regular youth gatherings as of yet.) This position will also assist the Rector in adult pastoral care and faith formation classes as time and opportunity allow. Depending on qualifications, the director may also have the opportunity for preaching in Sunday Services.
(20 hours per week)
- Empowering Supervision: recruit and train children and youth ministry workers; resource and oversee children and youth coordinators (including nursery); conduct monthly children/youth staff meetings.
- Family Collaboration: conduct quarterly meetings and monthly forms of communication (Family newsletters, etc.) with parents; casting vision and providing resources for their mentorship of their children and youth to be enriched and encouraged.
- Educate and prepare children and youth for baptism, confirmation, and reception of the sacraments.
- Creative Intention: find creative ways to foster multi-generational worship, formation, and mission (e.g., mentorship relationships; service projects).
- Youth Formation: develop, with the Rector, and implement a vision for youth formation, initially through occasional youth gatherings apart from the Sunday morning services.
- Team Collaboration: participate in weekly staff meetings; work alongside the Rector, Vestry, Ministerial Staff, and Director of Operation & Missions to ensure alignment with HTC’s vision for effective ministry and lifelong faith formation.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Assist the Rector in the creation and administration of adult formation classes.
- Offer pastoral care to adults in the parish as directed by the Rector.
- Team Player: works well in collaboration with others, strong communication skills, and commitment to investing in people
- Missional Alignment: understands and supports HTC’s vision for faith formation and missions
- Relational Connectivity: strong interpersonal skills, commitment to building relational trust with the church community
- Teachable & Studious: ability to humbly receive feedback and instruction, desire to learn and pursue continuing education/training
- Maintain a lifestyle in consonance with Christian wisdom, maturity, sound doctrine and healthy relationships.
COMPENSATION: $25-30 per hour depending upon age and experience.
MINIMUM COMMITMENT: 2 years
APPLICATION: please send your cover letter and resume including references to [email protected].