Position Status: This is a full time, salaried position with a minimum of 50 hours/week required. Office hours will be set by the Senior Pastor with remaining hours flexible as needed.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
The role of the Associate Pastor is to work in harmony with the Senior Pastor and elder board, have a firm grasp on the purpose, values, and philosophy of Highland Park Church and equip key ministry teams for this mission. The Associate Pastor, along with the other staff pastors, is one of the primary support persons for the Senior Pastor. He must be qualified according to the biblical standards of an elder in 1 Tim. 3:1-6; Titus 1:6-10. He must demonstrate a level of theological capacity and ministry training – a degree from an accredited Bible college or seminary is preferred.
- Preaching and teaching: Use spiritual gift of teaching and preaching to shepherd the church; including, assisting the Senior Pastor in Sunday pulpit fill, assigned weddings and funerals.
- Leadership: Serve as an elder, working with other elders, staff-pastors, and office staff to lead and serve the church.
- Discipleship: Shepherd the church body through relational discipleship, biblical crisis counseling, and joining with other members in the process of repentance and restoration.
- Equipping Ministries: Recruit teachers, plan topics, and provide overall leadership for the Sunday equipping classes, weekday classes, and other teaching ministries according to the discipleship vision of the church.
- Student Ministries: Oversee the overall student ministries structure, provide for regular teaching and preaching to students in Midweek context, work with a qualified volunteer staff to disciple students and their families, organize annual retreats and other activities for connection and growth.
- Member Care: Develop and maintain membership process for prospective members and ongoing care for current members; this includes membership classes, maintaining church database, and being a point of contact for visitors.
- Administration: Assist with practical administration processes of the church as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Please direct communications to [email protected].