HARVESTER MISSIONARY CHURCH has faced challenges and transitions in the past few years, as many others have. We appear small but we are multi-faceted. We are located in the middle of a neighborhood established in the 1930’s following the opening of International Harvester, and WW II.
Harvester is truly an international community!
Our church has a traditional English-speaking congregation, and we host two additional services every Sunday; a thriving Spanish-speaking congregation and a growing Zo-speaking Burmese congregation. Our gym/community center has hosted local basketball leagues. Our food pantry and laundry minister to the poor.
Harvester needs a pastor who is able to embrace this international community – inside our building, and to lead a church to impact the community outside of our walls. The following is a Position Description for a part-time pastor. We are hopeful we will see growth, in order to make this a full-time position.
Please prayerfully consider the part you might play in the coming revival! Please share this opportunity widely with colleagues, and various contacts. We appreciate your prayers and response.
May our generous God bless and keep you, and may His face shine His glory on yo
Margaret (Gret) Machlan, Church Council President
Please respond with email: [email protected] or call/text: (260) 557-2334
HARVESTER MISSIONARY CHURCH — JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Lead Pastor
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Lead Pastor shall assume the lead teaching role in the church. The duties include supervising and overseeing all other teaching roles in the church. He is responsible to the Church Council. As a member of the Elder Board, he will coordinate with them to lead the mission and vision of the church as a shepherd of the whole congregation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership for the spiritual life of the multi-cultural congregation(s)
- Function as a member of the Elder Board in leading the spiritual direction of the church.
- Coordinate with Church Council and other leadership functions in the church to implement plans and programs, as an ex-officio member.
- Represent the church at public functions, and as part of the Missionary Church.
- Be empowered to sign legal documents on behalf of the church.
- Coordinate with and preparation of congregants for baptisms, weddings, funerals; and provide counseling and comfort as needed.
- Work with the deacons to visit homebound and hospitalized.
- Coordinate with other staff and volunteers in the ministries of the church.
- Affirm and follow the Constitution of the Missionary Church, and the Bylaws of Harvester Missionary Church.
- BS degree or equivalent, the majority of courses being in Biblical Studies
- Ordination in Central Region of the Missionary Church (or willing to become ordained)
- Multi-Cultural Sensitivity, reflective of our community and our congregation, Bi-Lingual preferred (Spanish and English)
- Personal qualifications referenced in scripture (see 1 Timothy 3:1-12, Titus 1:5-9)
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS AND ACCOUNTABILITY: Hired by the Church Council, based on a vote from the congregation (see Bylaws). An annual written report to the Church Council includes impact of the job performance on the spiritual life and outreach of the church. Review of the pastor’s work and salary will take place annually by the Church Council. The pastor shall directly supervise the administrative assistant and all ministry staff members. Participate in all boards, councils (and meetings as needed) regularly as an ex officio member.
COMPENSATION: Based on approximately $22/hour; 20-30 hours per week; and the experience and performance of the pastor; and the budget of the church. Approximate Salary: $23,000-$34,000