Harvest Community Church is located in an area just north of Charlotte that is booming in population and diversity. Our vision is to make disciples who make disciples here and in all nations for God’s glory.
We are seeking an experienced full-time Worship Pastor to develop and lead the worship/music ministries of the church and oversee discipleship. This is a combined role currently, but it could develop into separate positions eventually. Biblical and theological training plus at least three years’ experience in a multi-staff setting preferred.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Worship* (approximately 50-60%)
- Oversee all aspects of music and worship, including support teams (a/v presentation, lighting, livestreaming, etc.).
- Develop our worship team(s), including recruiting, pastoring the team, providing musical training, and leading worship and developing worship leaders.
- Help plan and lead regular and special services.
- Help develop music ministry among children and students (VBS, special groups, etc.)
- Discipleship (approximately 30-40%)
- Oversee the process of helping people who live in our area become a part of Harvest and more importantly become disciples of Jesus who disciple others.
- Oversee assimilation, including Exploring Church Membership process.
- Coordinate and support leaders of groups and ministries that are working to make disciples (e.g., community groups, men’s and women’s groups, outreach ministries).
- Support local community outreach along with other pastors and leaders.
- Pastoral Ministry (approximately 10%)
- Participate as a team member with staff and elders to help implement our vision and ministry strategy.
*Note: We are also open to a Worship/Children’s ministry combination role. If your training and experience is in these areas, please contact us and indicate that.
- Assemble your application packet, including the following:
- A cover letter that introduces yourself and your rationale for applying: why are you interested in this position, and why do you believe that you can bring significant value to it?
- Resume, including three references
- Doctrinal statement and brief statement of your philosophy of ministry
- Links to at least two video samples of your leading worship
- Submit your application packet via email to [email protected] (or mail it to 13301 Eastfield Rd, Huntersville, NC 28078.)
Applications are encouraged by April 17, 2023 and will be accepted until the position is filled. We will communicate with every applicant concerning the status of their application. Thank you for your interest in this ministry opportunity at Harvest Community Church.
Some of the qualities we are looking for in the Worship and Discipleship Pastor are:
- Integrity and a faithful walk with God; must meet the biblical qualifications for elders in the Pastoral Epistles
- Acceptance of evangelical biblical doctrine as outlined in our statement of faith and full endorsement of Harvest’s vision and philosophy of ministry
- A team player who is willing to sacrifice personal goals for the greater benefit of the church
- Ability to resolve conflict in a healthy, biblical manner
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- A leader who is enthusiastic, creative, positive, and a self-starter
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to develop a total worship ministry using a variety of musical styles within our philosophy of worship ministry, including equipping others to lead worship also
- Ministry experience leading non-professional worship teams
- Excellent musicianship, a mature understanding of worship, plus passion and ability in leading worship
- Experience in making disciples and training others in disciplemaking
- Experience in small group leadership and equipping others to lead groups