Reports to: Elders
Status: Full-Time, Salaried with Benefits
Mission: Mission Statement: Encouraging people to grow in faith in Christ that is intimate, durable, and joyful
The Lead Pastor, with the support of the elders, will lead the congregation in journeying toward the Christ-centered vision and purposes of the church, aligning lay staff and leadership teams with its mission. This is achieved through incarnational living, teaching, preaching, spiritual formation, evangelism, discipleship and community-building.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Preach, plan and prepare weekly worship services with church staff and lay leaders.
- Commission church lay leaders and staff through the development, encouragement, and equipping of the body in their individual and corporate gifts.
- Serve as a catalyst for the further development of small group ministries within the church body, including but not limited to Bible studies, adult Sunday School, and home small groups.
- Give particular attention to developing intentional teaching within the church body in relation to the essential tenets of the Christian faith in order to equip and mature believers.
- Develop a culture of curiosity and lead toward a thoughtful, wise and creative engagement with our community.
- Ensure that the systems, staff, practices and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
Particular tasks include but are not limited to
- Administer, provide oversight of and/or coordination for pastoral care needs of the congregation, including hospital visitation, home visits, counseling, marriages and funerals, communion and baptisms.
- Meet regularly with elders and as scheduled with the church council and membership.
- Supervisory support for employees, including but not limited to:
- Youth Director
- Ministry Coordinator
Skills and Strengths
- A divine and committed calling to the Triune God and to serve in this role
- Clear track record of Biblically sound teaching and preaching
- Social and spiritual discernment and perceptiveness, as well as being equipped to deal with controversy
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with the administrative tasks of an organization, such as google docs, spreadsheets, budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or MDiv degree from recognized institution
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years experience in direct Christian ministry
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position based on a 40-hour work week. Salary, which includes health insurance, retirement account, and housing, ranges from $60,000 – $70,000, commensurate with experience.
I’m interested! What now?
That’s fantastic! Please submit the following items to:
Subject: Pastoral Candidate
- Three references who we may contact
- Answers to the following questions, no more than 2 pages in length:
- Describe your top two primary ministry gifts using the following categories and referring to Ephesians chapter 4:
2. Please take some time to share how your ministry gifts relate to the Motivation Statements.
3. Why is this a good time for you to be considering this position given your professional and ministry journey?
4. What attracts you to the Cook County / Grand Marais area?