The Big Picture
Grace Bible Church (gbcmarlette.com) is seeking a bi-vocational pastor to shepherd the flock through preaching, leading and pastoral care.
Grace Bible Church is an Evangelical Free Church (efca.org) located in Marlette, MI. Grace is a small, community-focused church that is currently seeking a like-minded, bi-vocational pastor to provide leadership to our congregation who can also be engaged in the marketplace as a “tent-maker” to supplement his income and build bridges of influence into the community for Christ.
• Be the primary communicator in preaching and teaching the Scriptures and overseeing gathered worship opportunities.
• Prioritize prayer and the ministry of the Word to glorify God by making, maturing, and multiplying disciples of Jesus Christ who will in turn disciple others.
• Provide pastoral leadership to the congregation and community by loving God supremely and others sacrificially.
• Be the primary equipper of the church for both ministry (internally) and mission (externally), and share those roles with the congregation as they mature.
• Work in conjunction with the leadership of the congregation to pursue the mission and vision of our church.
• Network and collaborate with pastors of like faith in the area to grow a unified, cross-denominational church mentality and focus for the community.
• Demonstrates the qualifications of an elder as compiled in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 with the heart of a shepherd as described in 1 Peter 5:1-4, including these skills:
◦ Being a clear communicator
◦ Having a teachable spirit with a willingness to seek the counsel of others
◦ Ability to provide administrative help for the ministry
◦ Experience and ability to recruit, train and develop leaders.
◦ A commitment to lifelong learning to enhance his gifting and ministry skill set
• Well-grounded in historic Christian faith and doctrine with post-secondary, theological training to equip him for pastoral ministry.
• Three or more years of experience in local church preaching, teaching, and community outreach, preferably in a small-town, rural context.
• Full agreement with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America (https://efca.org/sof/) without reservation.
• Licensed or ordained with the EFCA or willing and eligible to pursue license or ordination from the EFCA within two years (https://credentialing.ministries.efca.org/).
This is a part-time, salaried position that will require outside employment or income from another source. Compensation ranges from $32,000 to $36,000 annually depending upon education and experience. The Grace church family is available to help with securing bi-vocational opportunities.
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these four questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the pastor for Grace Bible Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Grace Bible Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of the Evangelical Free Church of America?
What is your bi-vocational plan?
Please send your resume and the answers to these questions to [email protected]