The Forestdale Community Church, located in Malden, Massachusetts, is currently seeking a Pastor. Paul McPheeters retired as Pastor in 2022 after 39 years and we are seeking a Pastor to lead and shepherd us as we move forward in our Christian journey.
The Forestdale Community Church is a member of the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference and shares its core values. We are foremost a gospel-centered church. Our heritage is Congregational and we adhere to the Reformed tradition. We aspire to create and maintain a community characterized by spiritual learning and growth consistent with God’s Word.
- We are a Christ-centered, Bible believing, Gospel based Church.
- We are a caring community with a core of committed believers.
- We are a Church who wants to continue to be used as an instrument of Christ.
The Forestdale Community Church has been in existence in the Forestdale neighborhood of Malden, Massachusetts for 131 years. Our current church population is an aging one, with only a few children and some young adults as part of our regular congregation. We currently attract twenty-five to thirty-five people to our Sunday service each week, in person, with another fifteen to twenty individuals viewing online.
Our church building is mortgage free and we are financially solvent. The Church is located in Malden, a city in Middlesex County, Massachusetts. At the time of the 2020 U.S. Census, the population was approximately 66,000 people. The City is one of the most diverse in the entire State with more than sixty languages spoken by the students in our public schools. We are located only five miles from the historic City of Boston.
- A humble and caring servant of God, an approachable and personable Pastor with relational gifts.
- Master of Divinity, Preferred
- 3-5 years experience as an Associate Pastor or Pastor, or the equivalent experience in Christian Ministry, i,e. Campus Ministry or Pastoral Counseling.
- Passion for urban ministry, evangelism, and youth ministry.
- Gifts of preaching and teaching.
We anticipate the total compensation package to be $62,500.
The Pastor is responsible to the church for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, using his skills in administrative leadership, and engaging in pastoral care ministries to meet the needs of persons in the church.
Pastoral Responsibilities include:
- Be a spiritual example and pastoral leader according to the standards set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Prepare and conduct Sunday worship services and special holiday services; lead in the observance of communion; and, lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community.
- Teach/lead weekly adult Bible studies.
- With discipleship in mind, develop and deliver adult education curriculum (Adult Sunday School) for the ongoing spiritual growth and maturity of the church body.
- Plan and coordinate worship in conjunction with music leaders and Deacons, ensuring a Biblical basis of all content.
- Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement sessions, etc., as needed. Advise other professional help when necessary.
- Perform baptisms, wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
- Lead new member classes.
- Inspire and motivate the church to accomplish its vision for growth including community outreach, member visitations and counseling, and by providing support and guidance to youth and teen ministries.
- Serve as the leader in seeking to win the unsaved and un-enlisted; lead the membership in evangelism training.
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committees in performing assigned responsibilities.
- Serve as the liaison to the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference.
- Serve as a representative of the Church in civic matters.
For consideration please submit a statement of interest, your Statement of Faith, and a complete resume.
Please send all materials electronically to [email protected] with the Topic/Subject line of Forestdale Community Church Pastor Search. Inquiries can be sent to the same email.