The Big Picture
First Methodist Church of Glen Elder and Cawker City Methodist Church, Kansas are seeking a full-time pastor to serve the two congregation six miles apart in rural North Central Kansas.
We are seeking a pastor looking for the opportunity to serve two churches who have disaffiliated from the United Methodist Conference. We are located on Highway 24 with the beautiful Waconda Lake between our two towns. Our Facebook pages are Glen Elder Methodist Church and Cawker City Methodist Church. More information about the churches and the area can be found at glenelder.com and cawkercitykansas.com. The population of Glen Elder is 362 and Cawker City is 457. We are a farming community with fishing and hunting recreation. Our average attendance is 40 in Glen Elder and 20 in Cawker City. Our church is a body of believers joined together for the worship of God, to hear the Word of God preached, and committed to “The Great Commission” telling everyone about Christ.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Loves God and is committed to preaching the Word of God.
• A Bible College Degree, either an ordained minister, or willing to be ordained.
• A sound Bible teacher, with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Able to plan and organize a ministry program that directs people towards a life in Christ.
• Able to uphold and fulfill the mission of the church by participating in all facets of the church life, but focusing most effort on preaching, teaching, and church administration.
• Perform duties that pertain to the office and provide leadership as the spiritual administrator and ex-officio member of all organized groups, classes, and committees.
• Maintain good communication and cooperation with the church staff and volunteers, providing the oversight and mentoring required in keeping the total ministry program coordinated and effective.
• Oversee that the video of the service be delivered to the local cable company to be rebroadcast on the local access channel and the audio to be rebroadcast on the local radio station.
• Be available to visit members who are hospitalized, in nursing homes, in long term care, unable to attend church, facing a crisis, and inactive members.
• Be available to assist with programs and activities of the Sunday School, VBS, youth, and other groups when sought and appropriate.
• Be actively involved with the Community Youth Group in cooperation with the other churches.
$60,000 Total Package which includes a Parsonage. The parsonage is a lovely five-bedroom ranch style brick home located in Cawker City.
Please look over this job description and the Facebook page of the churches. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor of these two churches?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of these two churches?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of these two churches?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected]