The First Ithaca Chinese Christian Church (FICCC) is located at Ithaca, New York (ficcc.org and em.ficcc.org). Ithaca is a gorgeous college town and the home of Cornell University and Ithaca College. FICCC was found in 1983 and now has grown to a church of 150 people of two languages (Mandarin and English). In many years, more than 20 people were baptized annually in our church. FICCC has a Chinese congregation and an English congregation each with their own worship services. Currently, there are two congregations: a Chinese congregation led by Pastor Bin Tang and an English congregation led by Pastor Paul Epp. The majority of the congregants in the Chinese congregation are Chinese-speaking students, scholars from Asia (Mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong) and their families. The majority of the congregants in the English worship service are Cornell students, though there are a few local residents as well.
Ithaca is a college town with 25000 students at Cornell and 5000 students in Ithaca College. There are about 2000 Chinese speaking students at Cornell alone, and more in Ithaca College and nearby colleges. We are hoping to recruit a campus minister or intern to work with these students and to help establish long-term faith communities among them.
1. Desire to serve in campus ministry
2. Spiritually mature
3. Gifted in evangelism and discipleship
4. Fluent in Mandarin and English
5. Agree with FICCC’s Statement of Faith, Constitution and By-laws as well as the mission and the doctrinal statement of our church’s denomination, the Evangelical Free Church of America (efca.org/explore/why-it-matters)
1. Minister in FICCC’s undergraduate and graduate student ministries. The ministry will be custom designed according to the minister’s heart, spiritual gifts, interests and future in mind. The ministry could include evangelism, discipleship, visitation, training and equipping leaders, teaching Bible studies, training people in evangelism and discipleship, and possibly preaching occasionally.
2. Meet weekly with the pastor(s) for debriefing and mentoring.
3. Be a member of the Church Board and work with the Board (elders, deacons and pastors) in directing the overall vision for the church.
If interested in applying for this position, please send cover letter and resume to David Ng ([email protected]) or mail these forms to:
Chairman of Search Committee
429 Mitchell St.
Ithaca, NY 14850