First Free Church currently enjoys a combined in-person and online weekly attendance of 500+ people. Joined by three pastors and another seven staff members, the Children’s Ministry Leader will enter an enthusiastic team committed to pointing people of all ages to God’s grace in Jesus.
The person God calls to this position will oversee a strong team of volunteers providing several programs for children (Sunday School, Junior Church, and Awana), summer ministry activities (Summer Blast and Summer Pop), special events, and our nursery.
We are generally seeking candidates for a full-time position. However, we are open to considering exceptionally qualified candidates seeking part-time employment (25 hours/week).
The ideal candidate for this role will be a committed and mature Christian with a solid evangelical theological understanding and commitment. In addition, they will have significant ministry experience, including leadership in children’s ministry or elementary education.
- Recruit, equip, and encourage volunteer team members to provide safe, sufficient leadership for children’s ministries and the nursery.
- Oversee and continuously improve weekly children’s ministries: Junior Church, Sunday School, and Awana (September – May).
- Oversee and continuously improve seasonal children’s ministries (Summer Blast and Summer Pop).
- Regularly teach within the children’s ministry.
- Partner with the pastors and staff to develop special events specifically for children and effectively include children in church-wide special events and outreaches (ex., annual church picnic, Christmas Fest, etc.).
- Attend all staff meetings (twice a month).
- Meet monthly with the Lead Pastor for prayer, encouragement, and ministry coordination.
- Encourage parents of children through routine communication.
- Oversee implementation and compliance with all safe practices policies within children’s ministries.