First Congregational Church of Flagler, CO is seeking a full-time theologically, conservative pastor whose solid Biblical teaching stirs the heart, soul, and mind of the congregation. The church equally seeks a pastor who is a shepherd that cares for a friendly congregation of multi-generational believers. We seek to proclaim a message of hope to a hurting and lost world through the power and truth of the Gospel message as the church walks together in Christ and welcomes others to walk with them.
- Strong and mature in his faith and relationship with Christ
- Sound Biblical preaching in a relevant manner
- Ability to shepherd and minister to a congregation of various backgrounds and ages
- Prefer a pastor with a Master of Divinity or at least a degree in Biblical Theology. An additional degree in counseling would be a plus
- Self-motivated pastor and is the only staff member, with a good work ethic to work well independently and in accountability to the leadership of the church
- Study to show oneself approved before God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of Truth (2 Tim. 2:15).
- Shepherd the flock as one who is able to speak the truth in love, not only from the pulpit but through discipleship and counseling
- Agreement with the Church’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to lead the church in the liturgy and monthly communion, baptism, weddings, funerals, dedications, and welcoming of new members
- Serve as an Ex-Officio member of the Diaconate Board and work closely with the board
- Be able to represent FCC in the community and civic organizations, to include special events
- Demonstrates interest in individuals, couples, families, and the community
- Engage with youth of the church and community
- Visit of members who are sick and/or shut-in