Menu Icon White


First Baptist Church of Corvallis – Associate Pastor of Worship

125 NW 10th St.

Position Type

Associate Pastor of Worship


Baptist (Other)

Ministry Area


Avg. Weekly Attendance


Job Description

The Associate Pastor of Worship will engage our congregation in joyful, reverent worship in a way that supports the church’s overall vision. As the primary leader of Sunday worship and the accompanying Worship Ministry teams, he will help accomplish the church mission through shepherding the musicians, strategically planning our weekend experiences, and leading people to connect with God through worship. The primary focus of this position is to help the people of God connect with the heart of God by creating an atmosphere of worship and inviting the people into a time of worship. He will work collaboratively with the rest of the staff and ministry leaders and will build and lead service teams according to specific needs of the ministry. The position reports directly to the Lead Pastor.

This position focuses primarily on worship (65%); the other 35% will include other ministerial duties dependent on the applicant’s giftings, calling, and passion. The other 35% will be from one of the following church strategic priorities: Discipleship, Family Ministry, Small Groups, College Ministry, or Missions/Outreach.

1. A mature, Christ-like believer
2. Beliefs must be in agreement with the FBC Statement of Faith
3. A clear call to ministry
4. Seminary/Bible College degree in Theological course of study
5. Worship Ministry education/training or experience
6. Team Player/Collaborative Leader
7. Meets Biblical requirements of an Elder in 1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9

1. A love for people
2. A caring heart
3. A strong work-ethic
4. Associate Pastor of Worship and his family are expected to reside in Corvallis

1. Worship Ministry Responsibilities
a. Develop, cast, and implement the vision for worship ministry at FBC in coordination with the Lead Pastor.
b. Oversee all aspects of the music ministry at FBC including Sunday morning services and special events.
c. In coordination with the Lead Pastor, plan, prepare, and lead the Sunday morning worship.
d. Ensure a high quality of music and media in both content (biblically and theologically strong) and presentation to engage the congregation in worship.
e. Recruit, train, and lead volunteers in the music ministry including regular rehearsals.
f. Plan outreach events related to worship.

2. Media Ministry Responsibilities
a. Remain up to date with current worship and technology trends.
b. Supervise the media and communications ministry of the church.
c. Oversee the preparation of all on-screen presentations, worship songs, videos, etc. for Sunday services and special events.
d. Ensure all technology and media equipment is operational and appropriately utilized.
e. Coordinate, train, and schedule necessary volunteers to cover Sunday morning and events requiring audio, visual, and lighting.
f. Oversee the streaming of worship services and events.
g. Ensure online media is up to date.

3. Other Ministry Responsibilities (dependent on the individual’s giftings and callings)
a. Outreach & Evangelism
b. Assist in visitation and spiritual counseling as needed.
c. Assist in discipleship ministries (small groups, youth, children, young adults, college, etc.).
d. Assisting the Lead Pastor in casting and implementation of overall vision of the church.
e. Administrative duties.

The range of salary is between $60K-75K per year, depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include church contributions to both retirement savings and health insurance. A parsonage is also available as housing for the Associate Pastor and his family.

If you have questions — Contact Name: Corey Reitz – mailto:[email protected].